Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Senior User

bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.
Good News, Bad News, and Worse News

Good news is my company won the new C-17 contract with the Air Force AND I just got a raise!

Bad news is the company bid the contract on SCA rates to beat Boeing, so they are "re-aligning" which means there will be massive firings in the coming weeks.

Worse news is my boss gave me a heads up that it wouldn't hurt to start looking now because it looks like I may be clipped on May 31.

Well, all good things come to an end, I guess.

So, I am on the hunt for a new job. Going to Shreveport on Friday to interview for a field tech position with Comet Industries; they design, install, and maintain the rail communications suites for Kansas City Southern...wish me luck!

Just in case, tho, does anybody know of a decent job that pays more than $19 an hour?
A veteran - whether active duty, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand that.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Senior User

bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.bulldogchief has a good reputation on FTE.
Well, I am back from Shreveport and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!
A veteran - whether active duty, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand that.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Posting Guru

gatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to behold
So proud to hear you the job. Congrads
Old 04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Posting Guru

gatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to behold
you got the job. SORRY
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's great news, I've always said if a man wants to work he can find a job. So i guess that means you'll be joining up with the Louisiana group, Johnny the chapter leader is a good guy.

2012 f150 SuperCrew XLT
1966 F100
1965 Mustang
Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Senior User

Thanks Gator!

Barry, no, I will be working in Pearl so I will be staying right here! KCS and Comet have a branch office in Shreveport which is why I interviewed there.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Posting Guru

BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarryMc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's good, I thought you were moving to Shreveport, duh!!

2012 f150 SuperCrew XLT
1966 F100
1965 Mustang
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMc View Post
That's good, I thought you were moving to Shreveport, duh!!
If I had to move to Shreveport I would have to turn the job down...there is no way we would ever be able to sell our house! Besides, I like where I live; good people, good food, good neighbors and good friends!
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Mississippi Chapter