Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Check In!

Hey folks, I know the weather has gotten pretty rough around the state lately. Everybody check in so we know you and your's are alright.
Had some heavy rain and a good light show here in south AR tonight, but that is all. Still need a lot more rain. Looks like all of the rain north of me is causing the river to rise quickly, should be under my camp by middle of next week.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I talked to Jackie and she said they are alright. I guess the base got hit pretty good in the housing area though. She is done with the weather and tornadoes, she said it is time to move! lol
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
We're still above water here at the house. Can't say the same for trackage at work...
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 04-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Uh... saw where Vilonia got hit last night, anybody heard from Dave today?

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Senior User

Will P. is starting off with a positive reputation.
We are ok here but areas west of Hot Springs got hit hard and also between Fountain Lake and Hot Springs Village got hit hard. We had a lot of flooding up here in the mountains.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Posting Guru

mudder460 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I talked to Scott on FB yesterday and he said Dave and Dave Sr. had slight damage but overall they are ok.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Diesel Junky

Thanks Andy, that's good to know.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
For the record, if your thinking of using Hwy 64 to by-pass LR/NLR...don't it's a mess right now. I discovered that today on a trip to Cabot & back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Uh... saw where Vilonia got hit last night, anybody heard from Dave today?
After taking the scenic route to get around some of the mess...saying they got hit hard is an understatement. I'd use the term "hammered". There was allot of houses with roof damage, trees up-rooted, power lines down, and cars damaged. I don't know if it was because of a tornado or just really strong winds...but the folks of Vilonia have a mess on their hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudder460 View Post
I talked to Scott on FB yesterday and he said Dave and Dave Sr. had slight damage but overall they are ok.
That's great news. Hopefully they can catch a break in the weather and get back on their feet soon.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
We got really lucky, one of the cells went right over the top us. There was 17 of us hunkered down in a 15 x 15 or so basement.

There are trees and power lines down around me, but no damage here.. We don't have power and the latest estimated time to get it back on is sometime Thurs..

Last I heard, the storm that hit vilonia was an ef2
I spoke to Dave on the phone and they've got some roof damage but I think that's about it. He was a bit busy trying to get his roof covered so I didn't want to take up too much of his time.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Senior User

jgoodman6891 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here in North Logan co. we got/still getting a ton of rain. I heard of some damage in Lamar & surrounding area.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Fulltime INFIDEL!

EODguyJake is starting off with a positive reputation.
The base got hit pretty good. Several roofs ripped off hangars and buildings along the flightline. The RV storage yard was pretty nasty. Cars were flipped, picked up and tossed all over the BX/Commissary parking lot. I have a pic of an Eclipse on its roof right in front of the main door, up against the building. And base housing did get slammed pretty hard. Word is 3 were injured, but not seriously.
-Tru-trac rear; E-locker front; Mile Markers; 315/75/R16 Duratracs; 16x8 Pro Comp 7023s
Initial success or total failure-EOMFD!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
They finally got our power back on thurs. evening.

After seeing the tornado footage from AL, suddenly 4 days without power doesn't seem as bad..

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
Hi guys I just have some shingle damage on the house and garage and lost some tree limbs. Kyle was at work down at Harps and he drives the Montana it lost it's windshield. We are all safe I was home when it hit thanks to my new job. Dad's is a little worse than I first thought a big oak tree hit it from the rear right at the peak it apears to have shifted the roof a little ,will know more later.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Postmaster

Dave, I was through that area last Tuesday. To say y'all have a mess on your hands would be an understatement. Hopefully the adjusters get by quickly and get things taken care of.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Wrench Party Assistant

1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.1996pwrstrk has a great reputation on FTE.
The damage we have is nothing compared to what has happened to my neighbors and friends we were blessed . 124 MPH wind shear sounds like a freight train with a lot of cars, man was that loud.

1999.5 F350 XLT,cc,drw,4X4,a pair of levers,4:10 LS

6637 mod, 4"MBRP cool duals,2 pos chip, ss hpx,ITP pre-pump with holley red pump ,140 V IDM , WW, EBPV deleted,AIH deleted, Autometer gauges

Join the Arkansas Chapter Here
Old 05-04-2011, 06:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter