Modular V10 (6.8l)  

hlep me if you can....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 PM
buckshot047
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hlep me if you can....

not a V10 guy at all Im a Diesle guy and Im trying to help a buddy out and here is the issue....
First, it was running fine when I parked it last fall. Before I pulled the batteries I tried to start it and it would not go. The battery was low so I just left the issue and pulled the batteries. I just put new batteries in last summer and they charged good all winter. I have the super chips tuner but this thing was not programmed last year that I can remember.
This is what I am curious about with your program guy. The tuner is a 1715 Max micro tuner and for gas engines-Ford Only- is says you must disable the fuel system before programming. That is how I started out but later the only way I could take the program out was to have the fuel system fuse in place. This brings me to my question. If the DTC I get is P0232-Fuel pump relay dvr circle Fall Off is that something that could have happened with the programming? I want to think this out before I tear more apart. If it is would there be a solution to explore prior to taking the fuel system apart or is there something to look at first with the fuel system a specific concern to address?
The fuel fuse is ok and the really is ok. I even checked the inertia cut off switch to make sure it was functioning properly. All appear to be fine

Old 04-25-2011, 03:48 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
It is recommended to remove the fuel pump fuse during a reflash so the pump will not run during the reflashing process and possibly lower the battery voltage and possibly causing a power related issue during the reflash. I have reflashed both with and without unplugging the fuel pump. I just make sure to turn off all the accessories I can to decrease power draw during the reflashing process.

The tune will not affect the operation of the fuel pump. The truck should not start if the reflash was interrupted. If the truck was sitting from last fall up to recently you may have some bad fuel or corrosion buildup somewhere. The gasoline in most areas now has ethanol in it which can go bad quickly, attract moisture and cause corrosion. A good fuel stabilizer helps it last longer though.