Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2011, 10:16 AM
Senior User

learpilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
sound/heat insulation install

What are people using to install the sound/heat insulation inside the cab? Or does it come with a glue. Do you use contact cement? Thanks for your help
Old 04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Elder User

F250racer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Depends on your budget. I'm planning to use something called "quick roof", from home depot. Basically it's thick rubber on one side and foil on the other. I'm going to cover everything with then then probably use either carpet insulation or duct insulation over that.

From what I've heard it's very similar to dynamat just way cheaper.

Some sites will tell you to use something called "peel and seel", from Lowes, it's similar to quick roof but makes your truck smell like asphalt when it heats up.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Quote:
Originally Posted by learpilot View Post
What are people using to install the sound/heat insulation inside the cab? Or does it come with a glue. Do you use contact cement? Thanks for your help
It depends on what product your using... If your buy a insuation material that is designed to go in a vehicle as Insulation, there are spay in and also peel and stick versions... Or as stated above you can make your own... I will probably use Dynamat, but I would like to do Lizard Skin then Dynamat...
Old 04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Spray-on LizardSkin or similar home recipe thermal insulation paint followed by Dynamat...no glue necessary with these products.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Posting Guru

arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
lmc

LMC has the best price on insulation and its cut to fit.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Freshman User

f1barry is starting off with a positive reputation.
I used a self stick foil faced fiberglass that I cut to fit. It did a great job on cutting down the noise as well as thermal insulation. I haven't covered it yet but it doesn't look bad. May have been from LMC and was reasonablely priced.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Posting Guru

raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I see where Eastwood is now marketing a peel and stick heat/sound insulation similar to Dynamat but considerably cheaper. No matter where you get it, quality product is expensive.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Posting Guru

BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.BACAGrizz has a good reputation on FTE.
I used some self adhering stuff from a company called 'soundproof cow'. It's sound and heat insulation combined in one product like Dyna-mat with foil on one side. It's been fairly easy to install so far with a rubber roller. The product is called 'RoadBlockR'.

1956 F-100 289, C-4.
1999 M-B ML-430. Bone Stock.
2011 CVO Screaming Eagle 110 ci Street Glide

Last edited by BACAGrizz; 04-24-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: correcting company name.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Elder User

HD74 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
This is what I used and have been very satisfied with heat and sound.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/79...d-upgrade.html
1981 FLH
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM
Junior User

dalmeida is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadfred View Post
LMC has the best price on insulation and its cut to fit.
I was looking at the pre-cut insulation sold by Mid-Fifty. Is anyone familiar with these products? How do theirs and LMC's stack up to dynamat + dynaliner or some heat insulation product? I'm not inclined to use a lizard skin type product because I'm not prepared to purchase the spray equipment nor skilled enough to use it nor would I have enough further use needed to justify the expense.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 AM