Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:50 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 822 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Sad, you nawtherners have to put your toys away until spring.

Nov 9-11.

Looking forward to a December trip and a January trip as well.

Thanks for rubbing that in Mark!
I still have a few more years of time clocks before I can camp year round, and that is exactly what we plan to do!

Old 11-22-2014, 05:56 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Thanks for the pics Big Green Ex, nice looking rig you have there and that campsite is sweet!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
Moved parks this morning, found one with water still on and there's actually better weather. Washington Park in Anacortes, WA.
Is that the one all the way down past the ferry? Looks very familiar. I know it's not the other one up the road a bit then all the way in the opposite direction from HEB, the turns in there are so tight the X by itself was a tight squeeze.

I miss the summers up there, I spent 8 years on Whidbey. The other 10 months of the year can go to hell in a burning handbasket chased by radioactive zombies.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:27 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
I never knew I needed 6 gallons of rv antifreeze to do a 33' camper!

You don't, sounds like you didn't by-pass your water heater. I used 2 gallons on RV AF to fully winterize my 41' TT with 3 sink traps, shower, outside shower, blank tank flusher, washer/dryer hook-ups, toilet, black tank and two grey tanks.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
You don't, sounds like you didn't by-pass your water heater. I used 2 gallons on RV AF to fully winterize my 41' TT with 3 sink traps, shower, outside shower, blank tank flusher, washer/dryer hook-ups, toilet, black tank and two grey tanks.
I've lived in mine for 2 1/2 years, winters in Florida, Phoenix, and now Louisiana, I think i've forgot how to winterize .

I may be in Erie PA though at the first of the year for a 2 year work stint... Yikes!

Old 11-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
That is a beautiful X biggreen!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Is that the one all the way down past the ferry? Looks very familiar. I know it's not the other one up the road a bit then all the way in the opposite direction from HEB, the turns in there are so tight the X by itself was a tight squeeze.

I miss the summers up there, I spent 8 years on Whidbey. The other 10 months of the year can go to hell in a burning handbasket chased by radioactive zombies.
Not sure of "HEB", but yes it is out west of the ferry terminal. Very nice park, seems a little spendy. Is $25.00 a night expensive for electric and water with no sewer? When I get state parks for free as a disabled vet $25 seems like a lot.

I'm assuming you were Navy Krazee Matt? If so, that's okay, I still appreciate your service, Semper Fidelis brother.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Had the water heater drain open! Nothing came out! Valves in the right position. It probable would have only taken 3-4 at the most if this wasn't my first time doing it...I mean winterizing my first TT! I left a faucet open when figuring things out. Then used a gallon or so when we got back from the campground in 25 F weather. I then winterized it a few days later.

According to the manufacturer and RV dealer 3 is the least to use.

I would say I put 2 gallons into the holding tanks. But I wanted to make sure it was all good! I have enough drama in my life!

Old 11-22-2014, 10:38 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
That is a beautiful X biggreen!
Thanks, I'll try and post more pictures. I looked for a year to find it and ended up buying it out of Canada from a private seller. 2005 Eddie Bauer with 76,000 when I got it. I'm super happy with it.

Old 11-23-2014, 04:16 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
Not sure of "HEB", but yes it is out west of the ferry terminal. Very nice park, seems a little spendy. Is $25.00 a night expensive for electric and water with no sewer? When I get state parks for free as a disabled vet $25 seems like a lot. I'm assuming you were Navy Krazee Matt? If so, that's okay, I still appreciate your service, Semper Fidelis brother.
Meant to say Safeway, I'm too used to the stores down here in Houston already lol. First month or so I kept falling them Safeway and Albertsons, nobody knew wtf I was talking about.

Yessir on Navy, Airframes all the way on EP-3's then Growlers. No hard feelings, y'all get most of our castaways anyway (like the Prowler, ugh good riddance). Appreciate your service as well my friend, in the end we all go for the same reasons and main goals no matter what the branch. Except those Coast Guard guys and their toy boats (just kidding)

Old 11-27-2014, 02:06 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

It's frozen. It's not rock hard, but it's frozen. It's only -5 outside right now. WTF?

Old 11-27-2014, 04:30 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Thats the stuff I used this year. I read on the container "Mix will freeze to a slush but not solid so it won't burst pipes".

I normally use the stuff in the cheap looking walmart container.

I guess we will see what happens in the spring.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:23 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Thats the stuff I used this year. I read on the container "Mix will freeze to a slush but not solid so it won't burst pipes".

I normally use the stuff in the cheap looking walmart container.

I guess we will see what happens in the spring.

Every anti freeze I have used has done this. it scared me the first time it happened.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:45 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
I guess I've never read the whole container before. This is the first time I've ever had extra left over, so I've never seen that it freezes up like that.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 PM
NewXer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
...I never knew I needed 6 gallons of rv antifreeze to do a 33' camper!
I used the air compressor and blow it out. Suck a little antifreeze into the water pump, and dump some into the p-traps. Little less than 1 Gallon per year.

Quick Reply: The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!