Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!

Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
My TT is plugged in all the time at home, year round, never had a problem with a battery.
Same here, never take the battery off, just keep it plugged in, and it will keep the battery full, and in good shape.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:41 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
Just to be contrary, I take my batteries out and store them in the basement and just occasionally charge them. I have also in the past left a battery installed and occasionally plugged it in.

I have hopes but hardly any evidence my golf cart batteries might last longer with the warm storage. Makes me feel better anyway.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:58 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 806 Likes on 563 Posts
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
I don't think there is a water heater bypass. I did check and there is antireeze in the hot water heater. Mine has the AF tube near the pump with a valve, I sucked the fluid into the system, the cold side was filled, I opened the hot valves to drain the water back. The toilet has AF in the tube and I dumped some in the black and some down the grey drains.

What kind of adapter do you all use to blow out the lines?

Here is a thread from RV.net that includes a few pics to help ID the different styles of water heater by-passes. RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: removed bypass valve. now no hot water?

Old 11-03-2014, 10:25 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i pulled my battery and will put the maintainer on it a few times over the next 6 months before it will be nice enough to go camping again.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:55 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,079 Likes on 555 Posts
I was just thinking, I have 2 batteries in the boat and never take them out, mainly because it's a PITA. So far so good on them holding up. Camper batteries are easy to take in the house. I guess that all adds up to lazy. I do have a cutoff switch on all of them, keeps them from draining via parasitic loads.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Here is a thread from RV.net that includes a few pics to help ID the different styles of water heater by-passes. RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: removed bypass valve. now no hot water?

Humm..... None of those look like mine. It was late and with it getting dark so early it was hard to see. On the outside I only see the gas lines and power to the water heater. Under the sink I only see the kitchen sink plumbing. I will dig down to the pump and take a look.

Old 11-04-2014, 06:13 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
Humm..... None of those look like mine. It was late and with it getting dark so early it was hard to see. On the outside I only see the gas lines and power to the water heater. Under the sink I only see the kitchen sink plumbing. I will dig down to the pump and take a look.

Yeah, the by-pass should be inside a cabinet by the backside of the water heater. My current TT has the valves hidden by an easily removed false side wall in the under sink cabinet, old toyhauler was a similar setup.
Good luck!

Old 11-04-2014, 07:19 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
My bypass valves are under the master bed. Have a little access door than my arm just fits through.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:49 PM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 214 Likes on 144 Posts
Yeah, the by-pass should be inside a cabinet by the backside of the water heater. My current TT has the valves hidden by an easily removed false side wall in the under sink cabinet, old toyhauler was a similar setup.
Good luck!
Found It!!! It was behind a small panel under the fridge.

Old 11-22-2014, 01:11 AM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
finally camping

It's 30* outside and my family and I are comfortable inside our trailer that we finally got to take out. Bought our Ex about 4-5 months ago, it was out of commission for a month while I found a HPO leak, then bought a TT about a month ago. Picked it up last weekend and finally made it out for this weekend, set up in the dark, forgot silverware, using my hitch for a tire chock, and water in park has been turned off for the winter even though the Web said that wouldn't happen until middle of a December, but I'm pretty sure we are having fun.

2014 Forest River Surveyor Cadet 32' bunkhouse with outdoor kitchen. Bought used and saved $10,000 off sticker.

Old 11-22-2014, 03:18 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
It's 30* outside and my family and I are comfortable inside our trailer that we finally got to take out. Bought our Ex about 4-5 months ago, it was out of commission for a month while I found a HPO leak, then bought a TT about a month ago. Picked it up last weekend and finally made it out for this weekend, set up in the dark, forgot silverware, using my hitch for a tire chock, and water in park has been turned off for the winter even though the Web said that wouldn't happen until middle of a December, but I'm pretty sure we are having fun.

2014 Forest River Surveyor Cadet 32' bunkhouse with outdoor kitchen. Bought used and saved $10,000 off sticker.

Sounds like you are having more fun than me, I'm stuck at work and my TT is bundled up in it's cocoon in the driveway till Spring.
But you know we have rules here, Pics or it didn't happen!

Old 11-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Going out to check on my TT in a little bit. Has about 6 inches of snow on it!

Big Green Ex I felt your pain the last time we were out in our TT! Park said water would be on till the 2nd weekend in November. We were in the park the 1st weekend of November. Maintenance guys shut the water off 45 minutes before we went to dump tanks and flush out for the year! I was a little upset!

So after dumping the tanks and getting back to the house, I devised a plan to wash tanks out! Set the trailer up in the driveway. Got 2 5 gallon buckets. Hooked up the discharge hose and water hose from the house. Boys did a bucket brigade to the toilet in the house with the buckets!

We ran water through the sinks and toilet and emptied the tanks into the 5 gallon buckets until nothing but clear "clean" water was flowing nicely. I then winterized the camper. I never knew I needed 6 gallons of rv antifreeze to do a 33' camper!

BTW you are having fun! This is just the first of many LEARNING trips!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:09 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Sounds like you are having more fun than me, I'm stuck at work and my TT is bundled up in it's cocoon in the driveway till Spring.
But you know we have rules here, Pics or it didn't happen!
Sad, you nawtherners have to put your toys away until spring.

Nov 9-11.

Looking forward to a December trip and a January trip as well.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:47 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Moved parks this morning, found one with water still on and there's actually better weather. Washington Park in Anacortes, WA.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:38 PM
gwh1bass
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good.
Originally Posted by BigGreenEx
Moved parks this morning, found one with water still on and there's actually better weather. Washington Park in Anacortes, WA.

Now that looks like a nice spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The camper thread! Pulling, using, equipment, maintenance!