Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Happy Earth Day to all us enviroment killing diesel truck drivers

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM
elinmon1976
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Country_boy_2007
This is the EXACT kind of thing i would do...just to spite those damn hippies and yes i would use a generator...a diesel powered generator.

on a semirelated note, been talking to my truck pullin buddies and next year were going to try to organize an Earth Day Truck pull...

That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Lukes66
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I though that this history lesson might help us all to understand how we got to this point...

A History Lesson

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals; and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girliemen.

Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare.

Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living. Most Conservatives drive 4wd vehicles and actually use them.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history: It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above. A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be shared immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to **** them off.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
eatont9999
Posting Guru
I think Lukes66 explained liberals quite accurately.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Lukes66
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I read that one day and liked it so much that I decided to save it, I didn't write it though.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 PM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when some ones tell me my truck smokes to much. i say i just bought and going to convert it to biofuel. stops the fight befor it even starts . in my mind starting a petty fight over a diesel smokeing to much.just is wasted time and engyre that i could spent doing better thing.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 PM
snaponprofile
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ya, that will turn them off.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Country_boy_2007
Posting Guru
i must say that pretty much sums it up luke66