1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Report on WeatherTech Floor Mats

Old 04-21-2011, 11:26 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Report on WeatherTech Floor Mats

I'm not even sure where to start this post...

The Ford "upgrade" floor mats were decent, but they have a few problems IMO. First, the driver side pivoted away from the "ideal" position and I got sick of putting it back in place. Second, the back mats don't provide enough coverage when you've got two kids back there dumping whatever's on their shoes onto the carpet. Furthermore, my truck started to get a stale-coffee smell from all the spills I was getting in the carpet over the tranny hump (i.e. I needed coverage there).

I can't tell you how many times I've read the MacNiel Automotive ads in my various car and truck magazines. I love their "Go American" theme (and honestly believe in it), but I thought their prices would be too high to pass the wife's finance committee. Well, after a few drinks last weekend I ventured to their website and was surprised to see a full set of mats for the truck would only cost $210. Really?! I paid $100+ for the Ford POS and could have gotten these instead? I was so excited by the price, I didn't even bother shopping for a cheaper price online. Just told the wife "I'm taking the beating and ordering these" and the rest is history.

I purchased: FloorLiner DigitalFit for the front and the back. The front is a once-piece mat that covers the entire frontal area, including the tranny hump. No more coffee spills into the carpet for me!

The Bad: I wish the mats were a bit thicker, as they seem kind of thin and flexible. I also wish the mats had the little "nipples" on the underside to help grip the carpet.

The Good: They mold very well into the geometry of the truck, staying in place and providing excellent coverage. Especially in the back of the cab. I think the designer of the parts has spilled coffee before and has kids, because the ends of the mats all seem to flair up to keep spills contained.

BONUS: They use the Ford "pin" on the driver side to hold the mat in place (wish I knew that before I tore the old one out).

Final Opinion: I won't ever pay the dealership/OEM for nice floor mats again. Ten minutes after I arrive home with a new toy, I'll order mats from MacNiel.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Joe Bloomingdale
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put Weather Tech mats in my wife's Explorer when we brought it home two years ago and they work perfect, no more problems with snow and mud and the crap my kids drop. When they get dirty I simply take them out and wash them off with car wash and rinse with the hose.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:02 AM
DIXIEDOG1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's what I planned to purchase for my 2010 Super Duty last year but nobody had them in stock, I ordered them at 2 places and my orders got canceled a day later. Due to availability I ended up going with Husky Lines, they fit much better than I expected and so far I've been very pleased with them. If they ever wear out I'll have a tough choice on which ones to go with.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought some Husky liners this time. They have little nipples on the back to keep them from moving around.
My last set of WeatherTech's didn't.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Rudiak
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I got the digital fit one piece front too. It works great but I doubt if I will ever take it out. It fit so tight under the center console it took me about 45 mins to install it correctly. Was I supposed to remove or loosen the center console? It didn't say in the instructions. I think I will have remove it or loosen it now since the mat fits so tight it's pushing the front section of the console off on the drivers side.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM
2002 F350V10
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had purchased weathertech mats for 2 cars and prior to 10,000 miles on each of them the floor mats were worn out. There were holes in the mats where the ribs were worn thru to the underside. These were grey mats for grey interiors.

I contacted weathertech about this thru phone and email , and they could care less and blew me off instantly. I then had the mats pulled off our stores shelves and returned to them. Later at a c store trade show, I stopped by their booth, and had a talk with them and same response. ZERO customer service. And the rep even stated to me there was a huge premature wear problem on the grey mats.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 PM
ME83
New User
I bought the Weathertech Digitalfit set also, but with the two piece front. I didn't really care for them, I like rubber mats better. I pulled them out before using the truck and returned them. I am going to order the Husky liners when I get around to it.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Mike in PA
Senior User
Originally Posted by Joe Bloomingdale
I put Weather Tech mats in my wife's Explorer when we brought it home two years ago and they work perfect, no more problems with snow and mud and the crap my kids drop. When they get dirty I simply take them out and wash them off with car wash and rinse with the hose.
Same situation here. My wife loves them in her Murano. She
calls them cakepans. They protect well, especially the one-piece
rear mat.

Mike in PA

Old 04-24-2011, 05:12 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
I PURCHASED THE WEATHER TECH DIGITAL FIT SOMETIME AGO. The rears I wish were alittle bit bigger in all directions. big still a good fit. The frnts i ordered the one peice with the hump protector. I love these things. The front fits great and protects great with that hump protector in the middle..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
I have to defend Weather tech mats.
I had their old style that were heavy rubber and they lasted many years in my 4x4 Tacoma pickup and the newer deep pan style I am still using in my 02 F-350.
I picked them up locally at their distribution point in the suburbs of Chicago,il
I am very satisfied with their quality!

Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM
AutoShepherd
Former Vendor
We here at AutoShepherd love Weather Tech, but we've been noticing a huge increase in sales of Husky and Highland floor mats. Customer feedback seems to show that Husky and Highland are very competitive both in price AND features, and in some cases are better than their more expensive competition.

If any of you are interested in trying some new mats, we're offering 13% off ANY floor mats on our site. Check out the sale here and be sure to consider Husky or Highland as a lower cost, high value product.

13% off All Floor and Cargo Mats. Floor and Cargo Liners on sale too.