2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.4L 3V with miss, rough idle and codes P0340, P0344, P0345, and P0349

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 PM
nickmcmillian80
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanna know if you have gotten it fixed. i have a 06 5.4 3v that runs fine in the morning and about 5 minutes of driving it runs terrible. most especially at idle.. but can be reved up to over ride the roughness. but right back to running bad. i have changed both cam position sensors. help please its about to drive me crazy..

Old 03-31-2013, 05:07 PM
lindboep
Junior User
Originally Posted by nickmcmillian80
just wanna know if you have gotten it fixed. i have a 06 5.4 3v that runs fine in the morning and about 5 minutes of driving it runs terrible. most especially at idle.. but can be reved up to over ride the roughness. but right back to running bad. i have changed both cam position sensors. help please its about to drive me crazy..
Yes the VCT sensors fixed my problem. It would probably fix yours too (keep in mine vct sensors are different from cam position sensors)

Old 10-04-2013, 10:39 AM
drlooper
New User
Camshaft Position Sensor End Rubbed off

Hi All, Im new to the board and just bought an 07 F150 FX4. It has a 5.4l and a code for a bad Camshaft Position Sensor. I pulled them both out and the one one the right has the end rubbed off a little. I put a screw magnet in the hole the sensor goes in and you can move an item back and forth about a inch or so.

Any idea what happened here? Is there a keeper for what ever shaft is moving? I looked in the forum and didn't see any post related to this issue. I'm guessing someone had it apart and didn't put it back together correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

Old 11-25-2013, 06:40 PM
ikaro
New User
F250 Newbie with same issue PLS HELP!!!

Have all the codes mentioned above and symptoms, plus codes P0012 P0022 and also NO Transmission Temp (don´t know if this has to do with anything or just another bad sensor unit)<O</O
I have replaced everything new (cam sensor, spark plugs, coils, vtc solenoid, new ECM) , the cam phasers where not replace, instead I pulled out ones from a perfectly running engine, installed them but had the same issue. At the end went and perform an engine overhaul. In cold starts, engine runs normal…. After a while once it starts getting warm again it start running rough and even stalling. <O></O>
<O></O>
I’m out of options; waste lots of money (thought that the overhaul will be my solution) ; my mechanic is going nowhere now. <O></O>

Old 11-29-2013, 04:47 AM
JOSEF150
New User
The engine is out of time, purchase a timming kit and some beer, a tedius job but not impossible to do. If you are patient you do not have to purge your AC system. Rockauto.com is a good place to start.

Good luck

Jose

Old 12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
ikaro
New User
parts

hi

could you please help me with the parts that i need. I have been looking different prices here in rockauto and also in ebay. What its the difference?

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: white; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate; BORDER-TOP: black 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=main cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TH>2008 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY 5.4L V8 SOHC : Engine : Timing Set <INPUT id=518wiki class=wiki_default title="View and Share Advice for These Parts and This Car" value=Wiki type=button></TH><TH>Price</TH><TH style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden" id=node518altheading>Alternate</TH></TR><TR style="COLOR: red"><TD style="DISPLAY: none" id=nopartsinmarket518>No parts for vehicles in selected markets.</TD></TR><TR id=table518part0 class=part0 name="pltr518"><TD class=alternate0 rowSpan=2><TABLE class=parts><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=left><TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=layout><TBODY><TR><TD class=partlayout>CLOYES Part # 90391SB <INPUT id=node518part0moreinfo class=moreinfo_default title="Click for more information about this part" value=Info type=button> Includes: Crank, Chain (2), Tensioner (2), Tensioner Arm (2), Guide (2)
Front; Does Not Contain Cam Sprockets.; For Integrated Cam Sprocket Engines.; Includes: Crank, Chain (2), Tensioner (2), Tensioner Arm (2), Guide (2)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="HEIGHT: 40px" class=right>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" id=node518part0price class="center leftrightborder boldfont priceonly alternate0">$152.79</TD><TD style="DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden" id=node518part0altfiller class="center boldfont leftrightborder pricebreakdown alternate0"></TD><TR id=table518add0 class=part0><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; VERTICAL-ALIGN: top; PADDING-TOP: 5px" class="alternate0 center"><INPUT id=node518part0addtocart class=partincart_default name=partincart value="Part In Cart" type=button></TD><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden" class="alternate0 center"><INPUT style="DISPLAY: none; VISIBILITY: hidden" id=node518part0alternate name=alternate type=checkbox></TD></TR><TR id=table518part1 class=part1 name="pltr518"><TD class=alternate1 rowSpan=2><TABLE class=parts><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=left><TABLE style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=layout><TBODY><TR><TD class=partlayout>DNJ ENGINE COMPONENTS Part # TK4173 <INPUT id=node518part1moreinfo class=moreinfo_default title="Click for more information about this part" value=Info type=button> Set
SET; w/o Variable Cam Gears (Only 3 Remaining)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="HEIGHT: 40px" class=right>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>* Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" id=node518part1price class="center leftrightborder boldfont priceonly alternate1">$194.89</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

this is from rock auto, but it doest show that is for a 5.4 3v engine

need your help

Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 PM
JOSEF150
New User
I just bought the guides and tensioners; the sprocket and chain can be reused.
as well as all your rubber gaskets. Make sure your timimg marks are set correctly and you are good to go. Good luck
JoseF150

Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
07 on Edges
New User
Originally Posted by ikaro
Have all the codes mentioned above and symptoms, plus codes P0012 P0022 and also NO Transmission Temp (don´t know if this has to do with anything or just another bad sensor unit)<O</O
I have replaced everything new (cam sensor, spark plugs, coils, vtc solenoid, new ECM) , the cam phasers where not replace, instead I pulled out ones from a perfectly running engine, installed them but had the same issue. At the end went and perform an engine overhaul. In cold starts, engine runs normal…. After a while once it starts getting warm again it start running rough and even stalling. <O></O>
<O></O>
I’m out of options; waste lots of money (thought that the overhaul will be my solution) ; my mechanic is going nowhere now. <O></O>
I have 2007 F150 Crew w 5.4 Triton and
I've been dealing with this issue since I had my plugs replaced as well as the cat on the right side... When first got truck back from shop seemed to run great but after warming up ran like crap especially at low idles... After reading hours of post decided to change my oil again w rec 5w20 and I could feel slight difference - added 1 can of seafoam to the oil and while sitting in the parking lot u could hear the truck start to run smoother - this engine seems to have issues with oil pressure and the oil cam sensor which is tiny hole oil has to push thru... I think oil got contaminated And ports were partially clogged I plan to change oil again this week but gonna try adding 1/2 qt transmission fluid to oil at idle for 15-20 to really clean it out then change oil and add more seafoam... Oil pressure related !

Old 01-30-2014, 09:46 AM
ikaro
New User
hi friends

i bought the timing kit and also the phasers. After some beers and replaced everything with the mechanic, I started the engine an trucks run smooth for a couples of feets around 500 feets the truck start to run rough annd still sending this codes p012, p022, p0340 and p0344.

need help

Old 01-31-2014, 02:42 PM
JOSEF150
New User
Greetings did the Seafoam help you out? Im having the same issues, I'm quite sure some of the oil passages are clogged. If the engine is cold it will run ok for 5 or 10 minutes after that becomes rough and idles poor not to mention the diesel knocking.
I`m going to try Seafoam and see what happens, I already decided to junk the truck or sell it for parts, my first F150 lasted me 14 years 277,000 miles without a hiccup.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:07 AM
ikaro
New User
im stuck right now, do you thing seafoam or a flush could help?

i cant find seafoam here, which other flush you think will help'?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 AM
ikaro
New User
put the seafoam in the truck but no changes,

need more advise

Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 AM
twfish
Senior User
It also sounds like a throttle body. I had many of the same problems all caused by the throttle body

Old 02-10-2014, 10:02 AM
ikaro
New User

you think i need to clean the tb with some product?

or maybe the tps sensor? need advise cause I’m out of options; waste lots of money and mechanics are going nowhere now.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:28 AM
twfish
Senior User
Originally Posted by ikaro
you think i need to clean the tb with some product?

or maybe the tps sensor? need advise cause I’m out of options; waste lots of money and mechanics are going nowhere now.
Sensors. Cant really clean it its not too hard to do

Quick Reply: 5.4L 3V with miss, rough idle and codes P0340, P0344, P0345, and P0349