Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want a TALL liftgate? Forget 4x2 lift supports.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:34 AM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=savagefan;15397697]
Originally Posted by sessland
Wow those are pricey!

For that kind of money you could have ordered from the states and had them shipped.

I paid $57 Canadian, taxes in.

I'm not sure what was gained by buying locally...[/QUOTE
A bit high I guess, ordering from the states was a bit iffy too as when you convert dollars, add shipping and then brokerage fees, not much difference. I pulled the trigger on these parts as I was so frustrated with my local dealers who couldn't seem to get what I wanted and I wasn't sure about flea bay, obviously you made out well. I was happy talking to someone who knew the score so when I ordered the parts I felt sure they were right. I don't stress a whole lot over minor costs like these and am very happy with the result, the hatch will lift itself after the first 6", isn't too hard to pull down and they come with a decent warranty.

I was going to chime in on the price you paid when I 1st read your post (cause I'm a cheap-o) BUT you stated your were happy so what would be the point In the above quoted post however you write " I wasn't sure about flea bay," AND "I was happy talking to someone who knew the score so when I ordered the parts I felt sure they were right."

I feel you have missed the whole point of this forum Several, if not dozens OF FELLOW X OWNERS have gone before you to give detailed part & price information as well as there experiences I would trust a NOOB on this forum with less than 5 total post (regarding info in this thread) OVER ANY counter jockey I REALLY just don't understand & not posting this to pull your chain BUT only for others that may read this in the future .
In a week (2 max) you can have the best mod on a stock height X ever discovered, delivered to your door from China via Ebay (nothing is made in the US anymore) FOR UNDER $20 NO MATTER where you live (more or less)

Old 06-01-2015, 01:20 PM
Boog2001
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just replaced mine and can't believe i waited so long!

Old 06-02-2015, 01:59 PM
crazytwo
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I replaced mine in March when amazon sent an email that the price dropped. I paid $19.99 plus $4 shipping for a total of $23.99 for two. I just need to make sure I don't hang on to the hatch when I open it or it will flip me onto the roof.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 PM
savagefan
Senior User
[QUOTE=sessland;15398175]
Originally Posted by savagefan

I guess the most important thing is you are happy with your purchase and the parts guy took care of you proper.

If you ever need anything else parts wise let me know. I might have a cheaper source depending on what it is.
Thank you I'll keep it in mind. Actually my 98 Explorer needs a brake master cylinder, who should I deal with?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 AM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=A Rodder;15303627]
Originally Posted by harley4jcs
"OK, I bit the bullet & finally replaced the rear hatch lift shocks on a non lifted X. I went with the ARANA brand Part # 6421EX ,15.87" ( shipped directly from China ) off Ebay for $19.50

They went on in the correct position easily. NOW when I unlatch the rear hatch. LOOK OUT, I have to either jump back to keep from taking it on the chin OR grab the gate & go along for the ride . It takes so much effort to close the darn thing now I'm going to look like PopEye before the end of Summer. I LOVE IT !! The head room is FANTASTIC "

Thank you,
I just pulled the trigger, $22.83 with free shipping off Ebay.

Joe

FWIW I installed these today. The distance from ground to bottom off grab strap increased by 8.5" over stock props.

That's considerable. It comes up with authority and it is a pretty good pull to get it down

I'm nearly 82" from ground to bottom of the handle strap.

It actually seems over extended but it's not bottoming out on anything 5

Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM
savagefan
Senior User
[QUOTE=harley4jcs;15398253]
Originally Posted by savagefan

I was going to chime in on the price you paid when I 1st read your post (cause I'm a cheap-o) BUT you stated your were happy so what would be the point In the above quoted post however you write " I wasn't sure about flea bay," AND "I was happy talking to someone who knew the score so when I ordered the parts I felt sure they were right."

I feel you have missed the whole point of this forum Several, if not dozens OF FELLOW X OWNERS have gone before you to give detailed part & price information as well as there experiences I would trust a NOOB on this forum with less than 5 total post (regarding info in this thread) OVER ANY counter jockey I REALLY just don't understand & not posting this to pull your chain BUT only for others that may read this in the future .
In a week (2 max) you can have the best mod on a stock height X ever discovered, delivered to your door from China via Ebay (nothing is made in the US anymore) FOR UNDER $20 NO MATTER where you live (more or less)
Things cost more up here, contacting the link on the O.P. those struts shipped, taxed and with brokerage fees added divided by 0.8 (Our buck is currently 80c U.S.)would have been over $100 CDN. If one strut was defective there would be more shipping charges and delay, you guys have it great down south. Enjoy.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:32 AM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=savagefan;15409078]
Things cost more up here, contacting the link on the O.P. those struts shipped, taxed and with brokerage fees added divided by 0.8 (Our buck is currently 80c U.S.)would have been over $100 CDN. If one strut was defective there would be more shipping charges and delay, you guys have it great down south. Enjoy.

DANG, we were close to 1to1 a few months back it seems
The OP is old info, CHINA BABY. The OP sources out of India

Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 AM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
[QUOTE=savagefan;15405504]
Originally Posted by sessland
Thank you I'll keep it in mind. Actually my 98 Explorer needs a brake master cylinder, who should I deal with?

PM sent

Old 06-04-2015, 10:13 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Put mine on this evening. Huge difference. I don't think I'll ever hit my head again, even backed up to a curb. Stock 4x4 2005 EB.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:15 PM
BigGreenEx
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If anyone needs a fully functional set of stock 4x4 struts I can mail them out if you pay shipping.

Old 06-04-2015, 10:46 PM
A Rodder
Posting Guru
Pretty crazy huh?

Old 06-05-2015, 06:54 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 791 Likes on 554 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Pretty crazy huh?

There is no way my wife could ever reach that to close it!

Old 06-05-2015, 11:37 AM
Vwags
Elder User
Want a TALL liftgate? Forget 4x2 lift supports.

I have mine in a box ready to be put on. Looking forward to it but hoping it isn't too high or too hard to close

Old 06-05-2015, 12:48 PM
exbxtoy
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by A Rodder
Pretty crazy huh?

Looks great. Where did you get them and what part number? Would you mind posting the website?

Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
"OK, I bit the bullet & finally replaced the rear hatch lift shocks on a non lifted X. I went with the ARANA brand Part # 6421EX ,15.87" ( shipped directly from China ) off Ebay for $19.50

They went on in the correct position easily. NOW when I unlatch the rear hatch. LOOK OUT, I have to either jump back to keep from taking it on the chin OR grab the gate & go along for the ride . It takes so much effort to close the darn thing now I'm going to look like PopEye before the end of Summer. I LOVE IT !! The head room is FANTASTIC "

<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

This is one option

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want a TALL liftgate? Forget 4x2 lift supports.