1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

03 Crown Vic IFS Install in 54 M100

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:57 PM
58cdn100
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used Corvette C-6 mounts, they are rubber with studs out each end, so the mount nicely into the CV. Fabricated some mounts to bolt to 5.0 block, simple and clean. I think the Corvette mounts are inverted, the small end up
Rick

Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane you crazy Neufy!!! you`ve been quiet since your move!! how`s it going out there??

Old 07-15-2011, 09:52 PM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
Yes I have been quiet, actually my truck finally arrived today. 5 weeks after they picked it up they must have gone the western route. The weather was crap for most of the drive but we did manage to get some fishing in. 3-4 days just driving through Ontario. I recommend it, but take your time and check out the sites. The truck is on hold right now I have to get the garage sorted out, then build a shed, close in the lower part of deck, patching and painting drywall and landscaping. I figure end August I'll be back at it. Later and thanks for checking out the thread.
Gil how's you truck coming anyway?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 AM
thepitshop
Posting Guru
Shelved it for now, will start on it late fall, decided to finish my yard landscaping, sick of not having grass and looking at bare ground and weeds!! Too bad the weather was crappy, i hear there`s some real nice scenery that way! 5 months is a long time to get it delivered, they must of shuffled it around a few times until they had a load going that way!

Old 11-04-2011, 06:02 AM
mstng5point0
Junior User
Did you ever finish the cv suspension install? I am trying to look into it for my 53 but am trying to figure out what rim options i will have and how it will fit. Very interested in your progress and build.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:23 PM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
Actually I haven't done much with the truck since we moved. I have to get back at it before it rusts through. The salt air eats metal here. As for rims one of the guys I got the idea for this from Doug AKA FAT FENDERD in my friends list check his profile out. He was planning on using Mustang Bullet wheels. He had a set of Stang wheels on it in his pics. I plan on doing the same.
Thanks for checking out my thread and the kick in the A$$ to get this moving again.
good luck and keep us posted.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM
rastiss
Senior User
i have about decided to go the cv frt. i found a frt set up out of an '07 pi cv for 250 wheel to wheel. the more i look, the more i like including the later wheels. i never thought i would say that BUT the factory torque thrust 19" wheels on my wifes '07 gt look great! as far as fenders, i'd think it is as easy as splitting the top corners on the wheel house and adding a wedge shaped filler that would allow it to come out enuff and yet not be very(if at all) noticable. i sure wish shane would get in gear on the headers, and quit slacking!!! lol. wondering if the mustang shorties would work?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
I'd like to see those widened fenders too. As for Headers right now I'm concentrating on dept so that I can spend later as well some carpentry tasks I have to do. Keep us in the loop as to how your progress is going there seems to be a bit more interest in this and I'm hoping that others can could help pave some of the way on this and get a whole thread on this. Thanks for the support.

Old 11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
rastiss
Senior User
they brought the frt end today. an extra 20 bux for delivery(i couldn't drive out and back for that). i'm excited! hoping we get to do some on it over Christmas break while he is out of school.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:19 AM
juni88126
Senior User
I to am doing this swap, on a 54 f100. I will be able to post up some pics of what 05 bullets will look like on it either late today or sunday. It depends on what time we make it back from Omaha, NE with the rims.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:26 PM
rastiss
Senior User
looking forward to seeing more photos from others. they make for a clean looking install for oem stuff. would like to see just how much the fenders need widened/pulled out.

Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 PM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
The truck is finally in the garage, I've been checking around for some bullet rims but with Christmas here my cash has other places to go. I also found a local wreckers with a 53 that I have to go check out for some parts.Fingers crossed. The garage is also wired so that I can run my mig welder without tripping the circuit breaker every 2 minutes. Soon there will be sparks flying again.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:43 AM
4mrdragoon
Senior User
Merry Christmas everyone,
So I've been in contact with FatFendered he has his truck painted and has 99-04 mustang bullit wheels mounted 17x8 with 30mm offset with 235/55 rubber and has no rubbing issues. He is considering air bagging it so that he mount larger wheels. So once again thanks Doug for leading the way on this and sharing your info with myself and others. We appreciate it.
Check out this other thread by CTom ( 56' Frame Build with Crown Vic Front End) they did an amazing job. Hopefully they will keep the pictures coming.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
fat fendered
Junior User
Im baaaack. for you that are thinking about a late model crown vic front end conversion, here are some pictures, this is with about a 10 mile test drive with paint nearly done. it works great with these wheels. it would of been easier with an explorer rear. thanks shane for all the support. me, just like you think this is my vision of what I like in these old trucks, not to say you should cut out all all of the jag and chrysler and brand x front ends and do this swap. just another viable option. I like it and hope you"all do too. i enjoy this hobby and the info on this site. see yall in the mirrors, doug.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
fat fendered
Junior User

Quick Reply: 03 Crown Vic IFS Install in 54 M100