Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Freshman User

muns53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
CF Upgrades

I've been running a basic WVO Designs CF with the pre-heater for about the last 2000 gallons of oil and have been extremely happy with it's performance. I recently upgraded it with the "booster" and thought I'd post up my experience so far with it. It helps put the dirty oil down at the bottom of the bowl where it gets introduced to the column of spinning oil more gently. This helps prevent spashing/mixing of the dirty oil into the clean oil and prevents floaters in the dirty oil from bouncing off the clean oil and ending up in the clean oil stream. Before this, I had the dirty line down on the bottom of the CF, but this does a much better job.

So far, I've spun about 150 gallons through it and it gets a lot more stuff out of the oil this way and the stream of clean oil coming from the CF is visually clearer than without it. I'm very happy with it and it was definitely worth the $100 to me to install it.

Parts...
Click the image to open in full size.

Drilling bottom of bowl for new drain holes...

Installed on the bowl...
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Freshman User

muns53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Installed on the CF...

Rerouting the vent tubes and drip port...

Bottom of the lid...

I have the nipple so the tip goes just inside the booster. So now the oil goes right down into the middle of the bowl and feeds the dirty oil directly to the bottom/side of the bowl through the booster. This is a much less violent way to introduce the oil to the bowl.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM