Sponsored by: Moser

Old photos from Previous Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Old photos from Previous Owner

Last weekend I found the phone number to the Previous owner of my truck (Owner #2) so I called him up and we chatted away for about 40 minutes. We talked about my trucks history and had a lot of my questions answered. I have had my truck for 5 years now and have always wanted to know about some of the work the PO has done to it before he sold it to me. Turns out he was planning on keeping the truck but circumstances changed his plans.

If anyone has the opportunity to do something like that I would highly recommend it.

Anyway long story short he emailed me some photos back when he had it so I thought I would share. (Why not, we all like truck **** right?)

Dated 2006 before I purchased the truck.

"P.O." In the snow. Note this was the original paint.

This was the photo that was on Craigs List that caught my eye. I knew that this truck had to me mine.

This is what it looks like today.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Very nice, gives me a great idea to get pics of my trucks from the PO's. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
bucks77ford
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Truck is sharp that's for sure.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:24 PM
trap4x4
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great story ....... puttin those cab lights on lots of work?

Not to be picky, but I also notice that your front bumper seems higher on the driver side... My previous bronco was like that also, so i went to a frame shop to see if my frame horn was bent. He looked and said that it just needed shims on the high side under the frame bolts on the rad support - he even gave me a handful for free. He said a lot of vehicles leave the factory uneven like that ... FYI

Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 PM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I can see why that Craigslist pic caught your eye, nice looking rig! is that a 4 or 6 inch lift?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Not to be picky, but I also notice that your front bumper seems higher on the driver side... My previous bronco was like that also, so i went to a frame shop to see if my frame horn was bent. He looked and said that it just needed shims on the high side under the frame bolts on the rad support - he even gave me a handful for free. He said a lot of vehicles leave the factory uneven like that ... FYI
With a restoration project it's OK to be picky and I always appreciate comments good or bad or just observations. (Bad ones I'll just ignore.)

I took a framing level to the front part of the frame where it bolts to the bumper and it was as level as my driveway (more or less) so I added some spacers to the bumper bolts to help even it out. My suspect cause is the bumper because it's an aftermarket from LMC so it's not a perfect fit. Owner number One and Two say no accidents and there is no evidence of any damage. I am exploring other options.

Here's another photo, a little easier to see.

I can see why that Craigslist pic caught your eye, nice looking rig! is that a 4 or 6 inch lift?
Skyjacker 6" lift.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Great story ....... puttin those cab lights on lots of work?
Sorry I forgot to answer that one. Yes they are a lot of work. I used a chalk line and carefully measured the spacing and positions of the lights to duplicate an original factory installation. I had to remove the headliner and drill 3 holes per light. (Yes I cringed...) I installed the factory wireing harnes and threaded it down the left side post.

Took about 3 to 4 hours with one beer break and a moment for a kiss from my lovely wife.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
impalaslayer
Posting Guru
truck looks awesome man

Old 04-16-2011, 10:31 PM
trap4x4
Mountain Pass
Nicely done on the lights .... Put some washers under the rubber puck on the drivers side rad support frame bolt ... i guarentee you will sleep better
Body shops (etc) use a U shaped shim so they dont have to take the bolt right out, but washers work too ....

Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Jexes23
Junior User
Hey Steve which red color is on your truck?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Hey Steve which red color is on your truck?

The shots look different because of the lighting. If I shoot my truck in direct sunlight the reds look washed out and not as vibrant. When I'm in the shade its a little darker and has more of a shine to it. This is true with most bright or "Full colors. I also like to shoot it with a well lit natural fill light such as a building that is in the sun bouncing light to my truck.

Also each one of those photos was taken with a different camera. The last photo was shot with a Nikon D90 and my signature photo was taken with my I phone. The full front end pix was shot with my old Nikon D70.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:24 AM
bamaf150
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love your truck and the story. When I got my truck, the PO was still on the title in NM. Called 411, got the # and the PO's wife answered. He had passed away, as well as her son so she sold it to a dealer who in turn sold it to another. Glad I called her as she confirmed the mileage as less than 100,000 and informed me that it had never been wrecked nor the motor rebuilt/modified (which in both cases is what I suspected judging from the condition of both). I recently had to call the dealer in NM she sold it too and have him send me an affidivit of correction, he was great to deal with. Now that its painted, I'm going to send her some pix and hopefully she can send me some , thanks for the idea! BTW, what are those wheels called? I have similar but mine are chrome, I really like yours.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
BTW, what are those wheels called? I have similar but mine are chrome, I really like yours.
I'm not sure what they are. I got them from Craigs List for fifty bucks for all 4 of them. I bought them as a temporary "Go between" until I get some nice slotted mags but you and several other people really like them and they are starting to grow on me so now I'm second guessing myself.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:40 AM
1978f-250
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NBC-Steve
I'm not sure what they are. I got them from Craigs List for fifty bucks for all 4 of them. I bought them as a temporary "Go between" until I get some nice slotted mags but you and several other people really like them and they are starting to grow on me so now I'm second guessing myself.
Beautiful truck Steve. I like the look of the stock steel wheels in your third pic. I think they look great, I have them on my 1978 F-250 and I'm looking to get a set for my 1979 F-350 4x4 also.

Dennis

Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Beautiful dent. I love that color combination. I have been trying to find a decent combo, and I think this looks the best. Might just paint my '79 this way

Quick Reply: Old photos from Previous Owner