Custom roof and floor consoles

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom roof and floor consoles

Gday folks,
This weekend im picking up some bucket seats to.put in my 77 F100, and im looking at making up console for between the seats, i want to make it so theres storage space, cup holders, 12v power sockets as well as switches for accessories, has anyone done this? Pics would be great.
Thanks in advance
Elliott

Old 04-13-2011, 07:54 PM
MiddleNameMUD
Senior User
I have made quite a few consoles... Amps, storage, subs, accesories, and some combined. Material choice is the main factor. Are you using metal? mdf? fiber glass? They are fairly easy to do depending on what the use is. I like to make them flow with the seats and be made to accent the interior properly. Unfortunatly I have lost the sd card that had a lot of my interior installs on but if I can help at all I will...

Old 04-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
Ill be using mdf because i have quite a bit of it after i tore down one of the walls at work im likely to be covering it with a black velour type fabric. I may also bolt my new amp to the back of it. I might be using brushed aluminum just as a switch panel fascia, should look pretty good imo

Old 04-14-2011, 03:01 AM
f100racing
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Before deciding to keep the bench, i played around with an XE Falcon console. They are wide at the front then narrow in a little between the seats.They have room at the front for gauges/switches, storage console between the seats and cup holders are easily added infront of the storage.
I was looking at trying to lengthen it at the back with maybe another and plastic welding them together......but then i gave up.
Thought it would look good all smoothed and painted.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
Thanks for your reply f100 racing, ill scrounge abour my mates wrecking yard on saturday for one. where abouts are you.in Australia? Not.many of us on here thats for sure lol.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:35 AM
f100racing
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How it fits will depend on the seats. I was going to use XF fairmont buckets. The extra width of the truck gave a little gap between the seat and console.
As i said i didn't get much further then that.
Distance front and back will depend on the type of shifter you use. I have a B&M cable so i could put the console anywhere i wanted.

I'm on the other side of the Nullabor, in Sydney.
Thought it would be cool to drive the ute over, but with 4.3 gears, i ain't that crazy.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 AM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
Yeah i got 4.11s and a mate of mine from kapooka lives in goulbourn and wanted me to.drive over lol, maybe with the F truck.on a trailer.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
fuel cost?

Originally Posted by Aussie_F_trucker
Yeah i got 4.11s and a mate of mine from kapooka lives in goulbourn and wanted me to.drive over lol, maybe with the F truck.on a trailer.
I hope you don't mind me doing a ,but what is the cost of fuel in Australia ? It's been on a steady rise here ,about $3.67 per gal. yesterday when i filled up. I'm on the western side of the U.S.A. , southwest Idaho. The last of the wide open country side ,a little to remote for a lot of city people which is good , of course a few have found us, L.O.L. JIM

Old 04-14-2011, 07:09 AM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
I run LPG in my truck which is similar to propane stateside. It only costs me 60¢ a liter, so 70 bucks for a weeks worth of gas lol. Couldnt afford to run it if i was on petrol, its like $1.30 a liter here for regular unleaded.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:40 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I run LPG in my truck which is similar to propane stateside. It only costs me 60¢ a liter, so 70 bucks for a weeks worth of gas lol. Couldnt afford to run it if i was on petrol, its like $1.30 a liter here for regular unleaded.
Not bad for fuel cost there. They keep sticking it to us here for no good reason other than they know they can get by with it. JIM

Old 04-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
We pay out the a$$ for diesel here though and its not great quality.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:23 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Gday folks,
This weekend im picking up some bucket seats to.put in my 77 F100, and im looking at making up console for between the seats, i want to make it so theres storage space, cup holders, 12v power sockets as well as switches for accessories, has anyone done this? Pics would be great.
Thanks in advance
Elliott
I've got pics but I'm at the office and will post later... they're not made-for-Dentside consoles but they should give you some ideas for starters...

.. back to report writing .

Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
78 PEB
Cargo Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jim collins
I hope you don't mind me doing a ,but what is the cost of fuel in Australia ? It's been on a steady rise here ,about $3.67 per gal. yesterday when i filled up. I'm on the western side of the U.S.A. , southwest Idaho. The last of the wide open country side ,a little to remote for a lot of city people which is good , of course a few have found us, L.O.L. JIM
I'm on the other side of the state and as far as I'm concerned, too many of em have found us............LOL

Old 04-14-2011, 06:46 PM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 78 PEB
I'm on the other side of the state and as far as I'm concerned, too many of em have found us............LOL
x3...ten characters

Old 04-14-2011, 06:56 PM
MiddleNameMUD
Senior User
Up here in Canada it's the same 1.30/L that's over 5$/ gallon! Ya not bad at all... Lol

Quick Reply: Custom roof and floor consoles