Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 08:13 PM
New User

Bryan03 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear power quarter windows noise

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2007 EB Expedition with the power quarter windows. I intermittently have a wind/ vibration noise from the right rear quarter window. It mostly occurs when it is hot, at highway speeds with the air conditioner fan on higher speeds. Needless to say, i am pretty sure it is from the air trying to escape through the window. When it has done it at idle, I can press on the window from the outside and stop the vibration. Opening and closing the window does not change anything. Is there an adjustment to tighten the window so it closes just a little tighter against the weatherstripping?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan
Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Freshman User

Hemlock10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have the manual for this vehicle yet and I haven't had the pleasure of opening it up, but I did have the passenger quarter window freeze in the open position so I had to pull the power connector to see if it was the switch or motor. But I digress; I didn't see anything that looked like a mechanical adjustment and could only imagine that the motor would need to be shimmed to tighten the closing force. Again, without manuals or actually removing the motor myself put that in the "for what it's worth" catagory.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 AM
New User

Bryan03 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Hemlock10,

I did not see any adjustments either when I looked at it. I did not even think of shimming but that that is a good thought. I went ahead and ordered a manual off of ebay and will see if it shows anything different.

Thanks again,

Bryan
Old 04-17-2011, 09:27 AM