cold air intake 2010 f250 v10

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 11:46 AM
sean miller
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cold air intake 2010 f250 v10

need some help here i have searched the forum archives and the major suppliers but it seems they do not make a cold air intake kit for my 2010 f250 v10 any suggestions would be appreciated thanks for your time...sm

Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 AM
shotgunz
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This may not be what you want to hear, but how about leaving it stock?

Pretty sure the factory intake is a cold as you're gonna get.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
If you do an online search for “air filter test” there is a lot of very good information. IMHO, the CAI units are NOT WORTH THE $$! Unless you are talking about a system that was specifically designed for a specific application there are very little hp/tq gains actually achieved in a street use vehicle and there are very few docs that these mfg’s can produce that actually show an increase in hp/tq in the power-band range of a relatively stock street vehicle.

I would avoid oil impregnated filters. While they have their purpose in off-road applications, Ford/GM/Dodge all have “watch-out” bulletins where the oil has contaminated intake sensors. - they even have a training video for the tech's on this (flatratetech.com) .

If you look at the flow data, WIX HP filters flow 98+% of K&N and have a much smoother flow post filter plus excellent filtering, for a fraction of the price! The OE’s have an excellent air intake system. What many view as an issue (is the plastic intake tube with it’s noise canceling design) actually increases air pressure. It is the same hydraulic concept used by fire fighters creating water supply where psi is low. By having the air cross the path at a 90 degree angle, the pressure is increased proportionally. Fire fighters use what is called a “4-way valve” or “Blake Valve” at the hydrant where the water is cycled through the fire engine (pump) and sent back into the valve crossing the water flow at a 90 degree angle. In this case it also acts as a sound canceling device! At low speeds, this can reduce the flow a tad (which is what most “feel”), but in terms of peak hp/tq, a good high flow filter is all that is needed. You can use a WIX OEM HP replacement filter in the OEM plastic manifold box and either remove the plastic tube and replace it with a piece of pipe/hose, etc or remove the tube completely and replace the tube by building an air ram type intake into the air box manifold (where the pipe use to attach)- make sure ti terminates above the fan shroud to avoid water intake or fan induced pulsations.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:30 PM
76Hauler
Elder User
I'm using the AIRAID dry synthamax air filter on my 2009 F350 V10. I got it from 5Star tuning. I would steer clear of oiled filters as well, they can gum up sensors. I use to run aFe's SIS intake on my Tacoma that needed to be oiled, but I used that truck for desert prerunning and chaseing, so I wanted the most filtering I could get, but upkeep and maintenance was a bit of a chore. The synthamax only needs to be cleaned and dried to be re-installed. I also like the fact that I did not have to change out the factory intake tube, it's pretty much a straight shot into the throttle, so no need to change. I noticed no notable sound from this open style intake, wich was a nice perk. My Tacoma used to howl and scream under a load, wich I admit was cool, but got old everytime I laid into the throttle.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
RPelkey
Former Vendor
"I would avoid oil impregnated filters. While they have their purpose in off-road applications, Ford/GM/Dodge all have “watch-out” bulletins where the oil has contaminated intake sensors. - they even have a training video for the tech's on this (flatratetech.com) "posted by Beechkid"

Really you’re going to post flateratetech.com. If you watch all the videos pertaining to aftermarket products ( you will need toothpicks to hold your eyelids open by the way) they are throughout the hole video trying to use a scare tactic regarding aftermarket products of any sort. They also never come out and say that the installation of an oiled filter will cause damage to your engine. What they do say is improper maintenance of can damage your engine regardless of it being a paper filter or an oiled. In fact at the very end which most people don't sit through the whole boring video they show a paper ford filter installed that was not maintained properly causing blow by and turbo damage on a 6.0 diesel. (hmm oil in the intake track with a paper filter? Yes the crankcase vents to intake tube. The dealer fails to tell the consumer that there are oil vapors present in the intake track.)

K&N air filter will not damage a mass air flow sensor. Just to lay it all out there I will attach 4 videos for educational purposes regarding MAF sensors.
At the end of the day if you ask most technicians what filters they run in their cars they will say K&N. Bottom line the dealerships need to sell parts and they will do it any way they can call it marketing if you will. That’s how they make their money. By the way check the dealerships in your area you will find that quite a few sell our parts in their parts department.

We at K&N stand not only behind our product but behind the consumer. If a dealer or mechanic is blaming a K&N product for a particular failure we will remove the customer from the situation and get the customer back on the road ASAP, at that point will work with the dealership or Mechanic to resolve the issue. We use many tools at our disposal to educate the dealers and repair shops.

To learn more about MAF sensors watch the videos below:

Mass Air Flow Sensors Intro & Test Results Summary
Can Oil Come Off Our Filters? High Airflow Testing & Engine Air Filter Dynamics
What Does It Take to Foul a MAF Sensor? Extreme Testing
What Can Contaminate a Mass Air Flow Sensor?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
RPelkey
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by sean miller
need some help here i have searched the forum archives and the major suppliers but it seems they do not make a cold air intake kit for my 2010 f250 v10 any suggestions would be appreciated thanks for your time...sm
Unfortunately at this time we don't offer a system for your vehicle at this time. If you would like an intake system for your vehicle send me a pm and I will submit a products on your behalf. The only item i have avaliable is the factor replacement filter which is part number 33-2385.

Feel free to contact us at 10800-858-3333

Old 04-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by RPelkey
"I would avoid oil impregnated filters. While they have their purpose in off-road applications, Ford/GM/Dodge all have “watch-out” bulletins where the oil has contaminated intake sensors. - they even have a training video for the tech's on this (flatratetech.com) "posted by Beechkid"

Really you’re going to post flateratetech.com. If you watch all the videos pertaining to aftermarket products ( you will need toothpicks to hold your eyelids open by the way) they are throughout the hole video trying to use a scare tactic regarding aftermarket products of any sort. They also never come out and say that the installation of an oiled filter will cause damage to your engine. What they do say is improper maintenance of can damage your engine regardless of it being a paper filter or an oiled. In fact at the very end which most people don't sit through the whole boring video they show a paper ford filter installed that was not maintained properly causing blow by and turbo damage on a 6.0 diesel. (hmm oil in the intake track with a paper filter? Yes the crankcase vents to intake tube. The dealer fails to tell the consumer that there are oil vapors present in the intake track.)

K&N air filter will not damage a mass air flow sensor. Just to lay it all out there I will attach 4 videos for educational purposes regarding MAF sensors.
At the end of the day if you ask most technicians what filters they run in their cars they will say K&N. Bottom line the dealerships need to sell parts and they will do it any way they can call it marketing if you will. That’s how they make their money. By the way check the dealerships in your area you will find that quite a few sell our parts in their parts department.

We at K&N stand not only behind our product but behind the consumer. If a dealer or mechanic is blaming a K&N product for a particular failure we will remove the customer from the situation and get the customer back on the road ASAP, at that point will work with the dealership or Mechanic to resolve the issue. We use many tools at our disposal to educate the dealers and repair shops.

To learn more about MAF sensors watch the videos below:

Mass Air Flow Sensors Intro & Test Results Summary
Can Oil Come Off Our Filters? High Airflow Testing & Engine Air Filter Dynamics
What Does It Take to Foul a MAF Sensor? Extreme Testing
What Can Contaminate a Mass Air Flow Sensor?
Your statement is clearly falsified in more ways that what is legal or ethical. I personally in 1997 on my new Cougar had 3 MAF units replaced as a result of contaimination caused by the new K&N Filter. This is dealer & oem documented- the car was brand new- the filter was brand new. I still have the car and all the warranty replacement docs. K&N was provided the copies of the docs in 1997- no response- when i called both the retailer and K&N the response was "There is no way that could happen".

Well it did...I have also e-mailed copies of the docs to your other reps on other forums...again.....not that I expect a response or service because this occured 14 years ago, but, K&N keeps markeing the same ol song.......

and....

If you look at the flow data, WIX HP filters flow 98+% of K&N and have a much smoother flow post filter plus excellent filtering, for a fraction of the price!

as I have said also to K&N reps in person who said also "No Way That Could happen".....as I waved the papers in front of their booth 10 years ago at Pomona...if I'm lieing....SUE ME!!!!!!