Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

unconditional love for your truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 AM
carolinaranger90
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've sat in my truck smoking a cigarette waiting for my brother to get outta work, and when he does and I start it, I see someone jump back, one time, a guy came over and said "I didn't expect that to be a diesel"

and walked away....

I love my truck, as if it were a human being, and she runs pretty smooth, when she wants to

Old 04-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Duct Tape Racing
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also think its amazing how i can throw so much money into it and not think twice or regret it. I bought this truck as a pile of junk landscaping truck used and abused to hell and ive put ungodly amounts of money into it, everything but the body is basically brand new, and i honestly dont even think about the money, just the joy in havin the thing!

Words of wisdom from Rodney Carrington:

It doesn't care if I stay out late
It doesn't bitch about the money i make
We'll be together till the end
It won't sleep with my best friend
Im gonna get down on one knee
And ask my truck if it'll marry me

Old 04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
94BigRed
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I inherited my dad's 94 F250 with a 460 in 03 when he passed away. He liked the truck. I live for this truck. $2000 for a lift and Dana 60, endless hours for custom rear bumper, running boards, and grill guard. I've been devoting every moment since 06 and its only gotten worse.

In August, while in Colorado with my girlfriend's family, the barn my Big Red baby was in fell in on her. Like a boss, she escaped with only a bent in cab and a broken driver's window. So it was resto time...

New bed sides, new doors, new fenders, new big block, bored .030 and rv cam, hedman headers, mag rims and 37" goodyears. Its hard to get things done on weekends. I'm an engineering student at KSU. But its all I ever do from friday to sunday. I'll put up the pics when she's done.

I LOVE that truck.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
nighthawk283
Senior User
I feel you dude my truck slave took a dive too last week and its been setting there it breaks my heart dude. My system and my love to how it rides i just missing it. i have the money to fix it but i don't know when i have time to take it.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HrdDrv

But after using my grandaughters step-stool, did I consent.
Oh yeah. Ya Like it. Oh yeah. Feel those new plugs. ummmfresh oil..
OMG!
Uuuuummm.... okay.

Did someone slash your front tires because you were in the no parking zone?

Old 04-11-2011, 02:23 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
If I had to guess, I'd say he emptied his own tires to lower the front of the truck for easy access.

Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 PM
bent-1
More Turbo
Received 166 Likes on 106 Posts
Nice looking trucks, enjoyed the stories as well. Have a reg cab 95 f.150 XL w/4.9L & 5-spd, 75k on it. I like it, has AC, PS, PB & that's it, manual controls in interior (no PW, PS, PDL) & rubber mat. Keep the body oiled down with Fluid Film & don't drive it on salty snowy days.

The 98 to current does nothing for me. Either looks like a Tarus w/bed or a big rig wanna be, and the F.150 gained 700 lbs from 1996 to 2011. But, that new 5.0 coyote engine & 6-speed trans is a sweet combo from what I hear.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
itsasix
Senior User
Your DEF not alone and Im glad Im not either. I too have issues when my Mustangs/Truck have issues and am the happiest person in the WORLD when they are doin well. Ive had my 66 Mustang since I was 14 and hope to NEVER part with it. Ive only had my 88 F150 for a short time but its already family as was the 77F100 it replaced. I was always proud of it, I too pet the dash and say good job and I am always makin my GF shake her head when walkin out into a parkin lot sayin "aint that the sexiest damn truck you ever did see" lol. Im only partially joking when I say it too Its a good thing tho, some people have their sports, some have their cloths or their gadgets, some their addictions and others their women...I got one good girl, a wonderful God and 3 badass Fords...and after all that I got no money for anything else lol
Matt

Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
HrdDrv
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah,
Had to red-neck lower the truck, and still needed the stool. (Compressor was in the basement, hose out the window...) Worked good. Drivers side came off the rim, but after a few thumps it came back up. (Too much lowering.)

Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 AM
twigsV10
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Found a awsome f350 that I could afford 6mo before getting married and traded my f150 that I had for 6 years for it........ still look in ads for that truck PS the wife even tells me that I should not have sold it.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by octaneforce
i feel the same way. i hate being without my truck. and when something is wrong with it (like there is right now) it totally puts me in a bad mood until i get the problem resolved. and then when i fix it, or after i have a successful afternoon working on it, its the opposite; im in a good mood until it breaks again lol.
I'm the same way! The only clean spot on my dash is where she get's patted for a job well done. I do complement her looks from parking lots too, my friends just laugh at me. I recognize, my truck isn't a beauty, and the engine could run smoother, but the amount of money I'd have to put in it to make it a china doll again, would be terrible. I'll save up for awhile and find another truck that doesn't need so much work to make that one sparkle. As for now, I'll drive the homely looking beaut and be darn proud of it too, because it's a beautiful Blue Oval!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Country705
Elder User
I am glad to see i'm not alone. I love my truck but since its been broke down since january my mood has gotten worse every day. I hate driving the wife's jeep with the tinkerbell seat covers and the tinkerbell steering wheel cover. it just aint natural for man to drive such a thing. I feel like i got neutered and didnt even get a warning notice. God i hope my truck gets fixed soon. Damn Automatic transmission.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 AM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by itsasix
I am always makin my GF shake her head when walkin out into a parkin lot sayin "aint that the sexiest damn truck you ever did see" lol. Im only partially joking when I say it too
Ha! I Do the exact same thing. I don't know if my GF agrees with me or if she's just humoring me, but I'll take what I can get.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:21 AM
ptboi94
Freshman User
I know the feeling. I wreaked my truck on Christmas eve. Damn poles jumping in front of people driving down the street. Still got the truck though, but haven't been able to fix it yet due to lack of funds.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:47 PM
itsasix
Senior User
Originally Posted by skyfox10
Ha! I Do the exact same thing. I don't know if my GF agrees with me or if she's just humoring me, but I'll take what I can get.
YUP!!! I used to do it to annoy her in the 77 F100 cause it was rough, but first time I did it with the 88 she said "ok...this time I actually agree" HELL YEAH!!! The Stangs I can do that and not sound wierd but the trucks were always a stretch but hey, I think they look awesome!

On a side note, everyone in this thread need to check out a movie called Love The Beast. Its about Eric Bana and his first car, Falcon XB GT. Tell me if it doesnt tug at the ole car guy heart strings!
Matt

Quick Reply: unconditional love for your truck