Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binuya View Post
I just noticed your last post. Make sure you use the proper Loctite on that plug or it will not seal right. Ask me how I know. I finally went to a Ford parts counter and paid too much for the right o-ring and Loctite package to get it right. (Needed the truck that day)

Clean and degrease the heck out of the threads before installing. I used Q-tips. Good luck.
Just checked and it is Loctite 680 that came with my orings.
Homebrew American Biodiesel (B100 Most of the time)
1995 Mercedes Benz E300D, 2006 Mercedes R350
Old 04-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
As old-timers in this forum would expect me to say about now:

Make sure those threads are SPOTLESSLY-free of oil before using LocTite. Brake cleaner, Q-tips, re-do, re-do, re-do!

LocTite on only the first three threads of the male threads, insert finger tight, torque if you have a wrench, but don't over-tighten. Remember, it's an aluminum pump body!

After the LocTite sets up, DO NOT ever "check" that plug again. Re-torquing will break the LocTite, causing eventual O-ring failure.

Don't ever "check" or "tighten" any of them, for the same reason.

Those are AS568A-906 O-rings, available from Guzzle's.

Don't forget to refill the HPOP with oil through the fill hole on the top of the reservoir before attempting an engine re-start.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 PM
Junior User

johnbrown is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi, Rubberduck, i just finished fixing HPOP plug on bottom of pump,truck is together and tried to start it but will not fire up,is there something that i forgot to do that
prevents truck to start,cracked my cross over to bleed air from system and oil came out,but still not starting,pushed air fitting in and bled air out of fuel system still not
starting,WHY ME,it is probaly something silly and stupid,thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Did you pre-fill the HPOP with oil through the filler plug on the top of the reservoir?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM