Notices

PAKBRAKE QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
cekkk
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAKBRAKE QUESTION

I've got an '02 F-350 Dually PSD, R400 tranny. Just got my truck back today with the brake installed and gave it a couple of tests on downhill grades with no load. I disengaged overdrive on the F350, allowed it to go into high gear, and turned on the brake. It worked, but on the second test I noticed the orange light that indicates OD is off began blinking. I turned off the brake and it blinked until I held the button/switch in a few seconds. I did not give it time to see if OD was engaging thinking I'd ask here before going further. Any thoughts? Anyone had a similar event? I'd add that the brake was installed by a large truck mechanic at a large truck dealer and coincidentally he just installed the same brake in his 7.3 a couple weeks ago.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:25 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
There are some issues with the wiring in the column that could cause the error. It would seem awfully coincidental, nut it's something to be aware of.

Basically the wiring for the stalk gets rubbed raw and begins to short out. You can pull the plastic away and wrap it with tape, or replace the stalk if it's too bad to be repaired.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
cekkk
New User
Good idea. I know the older Ford cruise control switches in the steering hub had a similar problem. Before I go into the column I'll use the OD button without engaging the brake and see if I get a similar reaction. Thanks.