Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks > 1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody 1961, 1962 and 1963 Ford F100 Unibody trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2011, 05:04 PM
New User

jasonmrenda is starting off with a positive reputation.
hi all - considering a 62 f100 unibody

the seller wants to trade for my 67 dart GT. i am trying to determine if his truck is in the 4500-6000 range as thats what i value my Dart at.

some details:
1962 semi custom
built about 10-12 years ago with a 390 and c6 trans with 28k miles
title in hand
disks in front
new interior
has some dings, etc but doesnt look awful

i'll attach some pics - hope they come out. he's pretty eager to do the trade so he either really likes darts or wants the truck gone!!

my dart is a 67 with a 318, all the needed safety things done, suspension, etc and it has its own warts.

thank you in advance for any help, i sincerely appreciate it!

i posted over at the HAMB and they directed me here. Heres my post with a lot of pics of the truck and the dart for comparison. if you scroll to the bottom of page 1, you can see 4 larger pics of the truck.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=575254

- jason

hmm i cant post pics so let me get them on a weblink. here's one of his ads though:
Aundretti Sales
Old 04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Posting Guru

Ziegelsteinfaust is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'd say its a good trade if you like the way the motor sounds.

Uni's are pretty rare, and some people really like the look of them.

So I would do it. Becouse you could always do more with a truck then a car.

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Old 04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Elder User

CropDusterMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.CropDusterMan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sounds like it could be a nice trade....and besides, Uni's are just so darned cool...and rare!
It looks as though it has a few issues, but so does anything over 40 years old.

I'd go for it...besides....trucks are cooler.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:15 AM
New User

thaks guys - can you elaborate on the issues and what to look for? i see the rear bumper and the bed has some dings but i actually want to use the truck - not looking to get or make a showtruck!

thanks again- jason
Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Posting Guru

Jetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputation
One thing about the Uni's... if you want to use it as a truck, they are not great for that with the body flex issues that they have. Heavy loads can cause body panel cracks. In other words don't throw a camper in the bed and go toodling down the road, you might not be happy with the result. The other draw back that I have heard of is that they don't take to kindly to big horse power either. If it were me, I might make the trade, as they are a really cool truck, but I have a truck for hauling loads already, so it would only be a fixer upper show truck. as for an everyday driver, or a load hauler I probably wouldn't do it! You also need to check for Body and Frame rust very diligently, they are prone to that , and that is part of the body flex issue. Good luck with it!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:56 PM
New User

brentwooten is starting off with a positive reputation.
1961 unibody

hi, i am about to resotre my 1961 for unibody and was considering putting a 390 in it, any other suggestions and if anyone knows any magazines or websites that would help alot!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 PM
New User

i passed on the truck found out some history and just didnt have a good vibe. so if anyone wants to trade a f100 for a dart i'm in!! thanks for the help all
- jason
Old 04-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks > 1961 - 1963 F100 Unibody

Tags
1961, 1962, 1966, 1967, 460, 62, buy, dart, f100, fit, ford, forum, gt, reasons, texas, truck, unibody