Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 03:09 PM
New User

Tim Dogg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Green graph fuel economy bars?

Hey all, new here and just picked up a white Lariot ecoboost 4x4 yesterday and must say I love this truck. Traded in a 2006 Lariot with 82,000 on it which was a great truck but at this point was ready for something new and also to try and save some money on gas.

I didnt read the whole user manual yet but was having a hard time finding info on the economy guage and how it works as well as the green bars and how exactly to read them.

Is there somewhere I should be looking for more info on this? Maybe some links or videos on you tube which might give me a bit more information.

Any help would be great.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Elder User

johndeerefarmer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
green bars represent instantaneous mpg from 0-30mpg. The average reading is the digital readout that shows on the screen. by watching the green bars as you enter on ramps etc, you can see how much your instantaneous mpg is dropping. Think of it like a vacuum guage, the more green bars the higher your fuel econonmy will be. If their is 6 bars, each one represents 5 mpg.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jimmyb08SD has a very good reputation on FTE.jimmyb08SD has a very good reputation on FTE.jimmyb08SD has a very good reputation on FTE.jimmyb08SD has a very good reputation on FTE.
I concur, right on the money.

2014 F150 STX

Jim, Fl. Chapter Leader"Army Vet. and American for Life"
View my Gallery here- or http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/me...lorer+xlt.html
Join the
Florida Chapter Here
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Freshman User

renopat is starting off with a positive reputation.
The white line coming out of the digital readout that intersects the green bars tells you where your current instantaneous mpg is in relation to your average mpg since the last time you reset it.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 PM