1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Progress ... hanging sheetmetal!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Cool Stuff.
Who was the grey haired guy giving the speech?

Also, how is the thompson search going?

Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Joe. The old gentleman is Bill Kugelman a former member of the Patrol. There is not many of them left! He retired as a CFD Batt Chief.

I've been waiting on a dealer who is getting in 3 Thompsons real soon. I will have the pic of the lot.

Old 08-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
She is in her new home now! I picked up a friend and we got the truck. She ran great on the way to the new warehouse. It was the longest I had driven her since April. Once at the warehouse, my friend asked to put her in. He drives the huge Foam trucks at work so he has a lot of experience maneuvering big trucks into tight spaces. It took a few minutes but no problems. Looking from the back, I now see the best angles to take. It definitely will take 2 people so no accidents occur. I'm still going to try to try and get the next bay over so it will be easier. Thinking of asking management if they will ask the renters next to me to swap spaces. I will pay a month of their rent if they agree.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Fire Patrol
She is in her new home now! I picked up a friend and we got the truck. She ran great on the way to the new warehouse. It was the longest I had driven her since April. Once at the warehouse, my friend asked to put her in. He drives the huge Foam trucks at work so he has a lot of experience maneuvering big trucks into tight spaces. It took a few minutes but no problems. Looking from the back, I now see the best angles to take. It definitely will take 2 people so no accidents occur. I'm still going to try to try and get the next bay over so it will be easier. Thinking of asking management if they will ask the renters next to me to swap spaces. I will pay a month of their rent if they agree.
Looking good, Keith!

I think you should just post a pic once a month even if you have nothing new to add so we can all enjoy your truck more often...

Old 08-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Also take a video of your boys cranking the siren up. I wonder what it would sound like in that garage.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,792 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Originally Posted by Harrier
Also take a video of your boys cranking the siren up. I wonder what it would sound like in that garage.

That would definitely be a racket.....but would be fun

Fits like a glove in there Keith. Congrats on getting 'er in the new home.

Bobby

Old 08-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Thanks Guys! I'll work on more pics & videos. Yes, Bobby she fits like a glove!

And now for the bad news! I'm getting the Buick back tomorrow. I drove it to the guys shop and have to have it towed home

He couldn't fix it. He said the motor has to come apart to find out why what the problem is. I described the situation on the V8Buick website. Here is the link for the thread:

71 Stage 1 motor problems .... Please help!!

I guess she will be sitting in the garage for a while until I get some $$$ saved up. I guess you have to take the good with the bad!! To put things in perspective:Three weeks ago about 2 miles from my house, 3 teenagers were playing with a gun and one was shot in the head and died. The kid was only 14 years old! I can only imagine the pain the families must be going through. Those are real problems/issues not a car not running!! So I am trying not to be upset about the situation!

Old 08-26-2015, 11:59 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Fire Patrol
Thanks Guys! I'll work on more pics & videos. Yes, Bobby she fits like a glove!

And now for the bad news! I'm getting the Buick back tomorrow. I drove it to the guys shop and have to have it towed home

He couldn't fix it. He said the motor has to come apart to find out why what the problem is. I described the situation on the V8Buick website. Here is the link for the thread:

71 Stage 1 motor problems .... Please help!!

I guess she will be sitting in the garage for a while until I get some $$$ saved up. I guess you have to take the good with the bad!! To put things in perspective:Three weeks ago about 2 miles from my house, 3 teenagers were playing with a gun and one was shot in the head and died. The kid was only 14 years old! I can only imagine the pain the families must be going through. Those are real problems/issues not a car not running!! So I am trying not to be upset about the situation!
Keith, I respect your perspective on the problem with the car compared to that tragedy.

I agree that you have the correct attitude. You'll get this done, just like you did with the fire truck.

I'm really sorry that those boys parents never taught them how to safely handle a gun. Maybe they didn't know themselves. I just ran out of words...

Old 08-27-2015, 11:48 AM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
Keith, Hope your new digs work out. Nice pics on the Patrol ceremony. Did you know that the New York City Patrol lost a member in 9-11. Saw his remembrance on Facebook the other day.

Glad you truck is running good

Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
Keith, I respect your perspective on the problem with the car compared to that tragedy.

I agree that you have the correct attitude. You'll get this done, just like you did with the fire truck.

I'm really sorry that those boys parents never taught them how to safely handle a gun. Maybe they didn't know themselves. I just ran out of words...
I knew you would get it Joe!!

Old 08-27-2015, 02:17 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by JimG1098
Keith, Hope your new digs work out. Nice pics on the Patrol ceremony. Did you know that the New York City Patrol lost a member in 9-11. Saw his remembrance on Facebook the other day.

Glad you truck is running good
Thanks Jim!! Yes, I am aware of Keith Roma of Patrol 2 who died helping people escape the towers. I wish I would of visited the New York Patrol before they disbanded in 2006. I actually had a few of the guys contact me to see what the Chicago Patrol did to try and stop their disbandment. They went ahead anyway and shut them down. They were the last Patrol in the US.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:53 PM
JimG1098
Fleet Mechanic
Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts
I knew a few guys in the Patrol over the years. Still in contact with one. He was a firemen back home with one of the engine companies in our Dept. He Worked 9-11

Old 08-27-2015, 09:13 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,792 Likes on 1,824 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe

Ditto
The best gun safety is education. I've practiced, taught, preached, hounded, informed, etc my kids since they were toddlers about gun safety. Even toy guns. I have tons of guns and shoot regularly. My youngest is 21 now.
It was very rewarding one day several years ago when I was with my boys, my nephews, and a few of their friends. We were target shooting and one of the boys picked up a rifle a little carelessly. Both of my boys were instantly on the kid explaining to him both what he was doing wrong and how to do it safely.
I guess that my boys did listen to me on a few things
Bobby

Old 08-28-2015, 12:54 PM
95stepside
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Ditto The best gun safety is education. I've practiced, taught, preached, hounded, informed, etc my kids since they were toddlers about gun safety. Even toy guns. I have tons of guns and shoot regularly. My youngest is 21 now. It was very rewarding one day several years ago when I was with my boys, my nephews, and a few of their friends. We were target shooting and one of the boys picked up a rifle a little carelessly. Both of my boys were instantly on the kid explaining to him both what he was doing wrong and how to do it safely. I guess that my boys did listen to me on a few things Bobby
My brother recently came to my house with a friend and talked me into showing my guns. I handed him a handgun, unloaded and checked of course, my brother said "if you even point that in anyone's direction, I'll smack you" "what do you take me for, I know gun safety" to which I replied "then get your gaddamn booger hook off the trigger!" My teaching techniques could maybe use some work...

Old 09-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
LOL John...

I took the boys for a ride today. It had been 5 months since they got one. It wasn't too bad getting her in & out of the new warehouse. My arms got a little work out. I spoke to the management about switching to a better accessible bay when it becomes available. They said the nearby ones had been rented out since 2004 & 2006 so the chances of moving are slim. If I run into my next door tenants, I will politely ask them about switching bays. Either way it was great to pick her up and be in my neighborhood in minutes. Sorry no pics maybe on Monday when we go for another ride. Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend!

Quick Reply: Progress ... hanging sheetmetal!!