Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 01:34 AM
Junior User

tylem28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help with Cover for 08 F-250

Several months ago I got a Extang Solid Fold Cover for an 08 F-250 (standard bed length) Long story short the center folding piece is broken so when you try to fold up the cover it wont lay flat so you cant fold it up and buckle it all down to the front. The hinge is bent/broken on the center folding piece. Of course this piece is almost $300.

Any one else experience this before and find a solution or a cheaper option? My main concern is there isnt a tight seal now and water gets into the bed and anything thats in there gets wet and ruined.

Thanks for all the help. Thought I would ask here before biting the bullet and get a new one.

(Also does anyone know if the bed size changed from an 08 to a 2011 F-250?) I wanting to know if I were to take this cover off if it would match up on the 2011. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Junior User

anybody????
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
I acutually built my own 2-piece bed cover, including all the hinges and latches......check out someone in your neighbor hood who works on their cars themselves or check out a cruize night....someone will be bale to fab out a solution for you very quick & easy and a lot cheaper/better than what you have now (BTW- in SoCal it's not unusual to see bed covers lying on the side of the freeways just because of the crappy hinges)
Old 04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior User

Truck Paradise is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylem28 View Post
Several months ago I got a Extang Solid Fold Cover for an 08 F-250 (standard bed length) Long story short the center folding piece is broken so when you try to fold up the cover it wont lay flat so you cant fold it up and buckle it all down to the front. The hinge is bent/broken on the center folding piece. Of course this piece is almost $300.

Any one else experience this before and find a solution or a cheaper option? My main concern is there isnt a tight seal now and water gets into the bed and anything thats in there gets wet and ruined.

Thanks for all the help. Thought I would ask here before biting the bullet and get a new one.

(Also does anyone know if the bed size changed from an 08 to a 2011 F-250?) I wanting to know if I were to take this cover off if it would match up on the 2011. Thanks!
It's the same part # from 1999-2011.

What happened to the hinge on your solid fold? Have you contacted Extang about the problem?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Elder User

rattleNsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Extang has a lifetime warranty.
Mike
Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Junior User

yes I contacted Extang. I sent them pictures. They don't cover the hinge under warranty if its bent. They said this happens when the clamps (at the back by the tailgate) arent connected. I liked the looks of the cover and the ease of installation and removal and the fact that the bed space isn't taken up. I think my next one will be going back to a retrax set up. I never had any issues with the retrax.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM