You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Might as well launch it now, the more the merrier!
1) Contest open to all model and year Ford Trucks (includes vans, SUV's, All Wheel Drive, all levels of customization, etc) but it MUST be a FORD (Marmon Herringtons are considered FORDS)
2) Number of entries in each round limited to the first ten who enter a round. Each of the entry threads (unlike other contests) will run until there are ten entries - no matter how long that takes. Second place winners will be entered in a "Runner Up" poll just before the championship for the year, and the winner be entered in the final Championship round! This means there can be no more than NINE (9) regular rounds. The runner up and Championship rounds will determine how many entry rounds there are - because the Championship and runner up will be 6 week polls each beginning on October first.
3) To enter - post a picture of your truck at least 800 by 600 pixels in size (no links to galleries, albums, or other sites I will NOT chase them down, and neither will anyone else. Picture must be displayed in thread) Avoid extremely large images, please. (1024 pixels largest side of image). Huge pictures may interfere with some connection speeds. ALL images will be tailored to size to fit in poll thread. You may only enter ONE truck in each round. First place finishers may not enter additional trucks in succeeding rounds, once you win - the race is on!
4) RULE OF OWNERSHIP: You must have owned the truck AT THE TIME YOUR PICTURE OF IT WAS TAKEN to enter it. You may not enter anyone elses truck FOR them. No exceptions
5) CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:
The first place finisher in each round qualifies and is entered in the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND. After nine regular rounds, the CHAMPIONSHIP consists of the first place finishers from the preceeding rounds running in a "Best of the Best" contest AND the first place finisher in the RUNNER UP poll.
6) VOTE MONGERING: You may enlist your buds and chapter, other groups or whatever to vote for your entry. HOWEVER - be warned that all of the polls are annonymous, and your buds can always vote for someone else. There is no way to know! SPAMMING the forums should not be done at any time for this purpose, be careful what you do...
7) Once a poll is up for a round, it will be active for at least a week. These polls close by themselves and whoever wins does. If for some reason there is a tie - a tie breaker poll will run. BTW: Local midnight is based on Central Time in the USA.
8) NON-EXCLUSION: Employees of FTE and/or IBI welcome to enter including moderators or other unpaid affiliates as well as sponsors of the site
9) REPEAT ENTRIES: ONCE YOU HAVE WON A ROUND (this is important) you may not enter another round that season with another truck - your winning truck is automatically entered in the finals, and no more than one entry in the finals by the same person is permitted. HOWEVER~ "If at first you don't succeed..."
10) You can post as many pics as you want, but telling the story is important. You should explain what is going on in the pictures. I will post whatever you tell me about the truck in the poll threads - but what you don't tell me won't get posted.
(six hours later)
Cheezzz... I finally got the graphic right
"Gimmee at least four pictures, a little information, and I'll make ya famous..."
Well I'll through my Mistress in for consideration. What started out as a '77 F150 4X4 for general use has become a money pit and the disdain of my family .
I guess the start was when the originl 351M threw a rod bearing and I put in a mild 460, well that was enough of a taste to want more. It now has a 472 and 100 lbs of onboard nitrous. Each part I changed required modifing something else or upgrading a part that was not up to the task.
So to date: 472 backed by a fully built C6 with low ratio gear set and billet converter, yukon HD 9" case, spool and strange axles with rear discs and hydroboost. Twin 50lb nitrous bottles with NOS cheater plate (180hp) with SNOW Performance Water/Methanol injection. Leather bucket seats, Kwik shift shifter, Autometer gauges and custom tach housing, custom Aeromotive fuel pump & filter bracket and an endless list of other parts that almost make me cry when I look at it.........almost. It's a love it or hate type truck but that's alright because she's mine and I love every minute I'm in it ).
well i guess mine counts as a ford..thats what it says on the hood..my poor little truck has been run hard and put up wet..but starts anytime i need to pull a old car around or cut a few cedars to get some pennies to rub together.. it is old and ugly but very dependable for use around the property..well enough said now for the good part ..THE PICTURES
now dont forget to vote for this ford wannabee..ha ha ha
if you cant run with the big dogs...stay on the porch
Here's our play toy, 79 F150 named Ka'Bluey! It's a blast to be out in town putting around, we've even had our picture taken a few times. Currently going through a cab swap, and after that's finished, it will go back the same blue color! A 3" body lift is also added, and will set on 38"s instead of the 35"s
01 F150, 08 Escape (F75 for Terry)
Don't make hasty decisions when you are horny, or angry!!!
Heck, why not, another MO entrant. My 1990 F150 5.0 4-speed 4x4. Was used as a farm truck for 18 years before my grandpa passed. He used to put big round hay bales in the back with the tractor. I had to replace the rear springs due to half of all the leaves being broken.
well heres mine
33's right now, will soon be going bigger with a shackle flip and front lift plus lockers, it's got a mild 360, planning on swapping that out soon to a 390 or rebuilding. fun truck with great sound and always gets some stares and conversation!
it's a 79 chassis, 76 cab and powerplant, 4spd tranny, 3" lift.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.