Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:
View Poll Results: New Indiana Chapter Get Together Site Location!
Indiana Dunes State Park
0%
Potato Creek State Park
100.00%
Eby's Pines Campground Middlebury Indiana
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

New Get Together Location Vote

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 02:07 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
New Get Together Location Vote

Okay...since the last vote kind of went bust...I'll give this one more try on a site and date for a get together.

I'll set up a poll first for a spot.

Since most of our members seem to be located in the northern part of the state...I'm going to change the choices to more northern sites.

Indiana Dunes State Park is a great place to camp and hike.

Potato Creek State Park is also another nice place to camp and it has a great 3 mile long bike trail

I'm going to add a non state park to the mix. Eby's Pines is a campground near Shipshewana and a lot of the RV mfg's. Also the RV Hall of Fame is close to there too.

So...here's a new poll for the northern part of the state since the last one kind of went bust.

Right now the dates will be the same choices as before...I am currently rethinking my summer vacation plans but as of right now I'm good for these dates...I'll know for sure once this poll closes though. June 15-17 (Father's day), June 24-26 and August 5-7

Have at it folks!

Joe.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:02 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can't do anything through June, so the August dates work for us. I don't care which of the 3 locations is picked so I didn't vote. As long as we still have the camper and we're not in the process of moving we will be there.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Otahyoni
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I voted for Potato Creek cause it suits my style, but because its so far north, dont weigh too heavily on my vote...

I will TRY to make it for the Aug 5-7 date. Definitely would like if i could put a tent behind someones RV... never been up there and dont know what the camping is like... (i'm too poor for an RV )

Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 PM
76ranger
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Potato Creek for me, nice lake if you fish but no gas engines. The park is clean and has a great bike path as well as tons of hiking. They do get kinda stingy about to many people on one site at times tho. Otahyoni it would be great to see ya there finally meet another IDI driver.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Otahyoni
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm looking forward to meeting some of you, but my IDI probably wont go on this trip... 4 hours is too much...

Edit: nevermind...that map is handy

Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Poll is closed...I'd say dead actually...TWO votes?

I guess no one is interested in a weekend GTG...I'm going to stop pushing it...although I think it would be a fun time for sure...but it's cool.

I guess I'll try seeing if people want to get together for just an day/evening of BS-ing...I'll post something up when I get a chance...

Sorry Chris...you were one of the two! :-(

We'll pull something off...

I understand the fuel prices have really put a damper on peoples plans this summer...MINE INCLUDED...

The GTG would have been one reason for me to de-winterize my TT...now she really will sit tucked in the barn all summer...that will be a first in the 6 years we've been RV-ing...but it's cool...no worries.

Watch out for a new poll on just a day GTG...

Thanks,
Joe.