Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermaxd View Post
Anyone know if FORD can be any help on this?
Not likely but who knows. My grill emblem on my '05 started doing the same thing about four months before I traded it in '11 and they declined to do anything with it.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Senior User

Denola is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dealer have a lot do it----

I hired in at local Ford dealer back in 1971 after returning form Vietnam. It was the most customer aware dealer I've seen. They had an employee--his only job was customer relations. When there was a problem--he talked to everyone involved, the customer, the service manager, and the tech the job was assigned to. Many times, things were handled a company expense, but most times they found ways to warranty it. In about 1978 the dealership was sold to a man who was a former service rep for GM----the place went HELL after that. He never got his bad habits at Ford, because he'd always been a GM rep that decided their warranty issues. I quit the place in 1981 and moved on---drove a Ford ever since.

2008 F250 SD, 300HP 3V 5.4
Flowmaster Duals, RanchHand Brush Guard
Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires
3.73 Gears, LS rear
Old 07-15-2014, 03:47 PM
New User

jpdrev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Less shiny Super Duty...

I have the same problem of peeling chrome on the top part the front grille... Ford doesn't want to cover that... No problem... Next time, it will be a GMC...
Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Posting Guru

Karl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to all
Wow, this is a blast from the past. Keep fighting jpdrev. I won and time healed the wounds enough from the fight that I now am two years into the ownership of my subsequent Ford...albeit without the chrome package...
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Elder User

speakerfritz is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have changed directions on many purchase decisions based on internet testimonials such as yours so yes...post on ever forum.

eventually Ford will learn there's no point enticing new buisness to come in the front door if they cant control their back door.

Hellwig 7677Rear Sway Bar; Hellwig 61904 Pro-Series Helper Spring with Silent Feature; 2 ofRancho Suspension/Monroe RS999046 Rear Rancho RS9000; 2 of Rancho RS999042RS9000XL Series Shock; Rancho RS98510 Steering Stabilizer Kit; Dee Zee DZ43203Tailgate Assist Shock
Old 07-17-2014, 12:15 AM
Freshman User

shredfit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
I tried and tried. Kyle told me that there is NO ONE above him that is a "customer resource." In other words, he was the final say in running boards. I wasn't allowed to talk to his boss or the warranty department as they aren't available to the public. Who else can I debate on this? Very frustrating...
It's time to get creative... One can get in touch with some of these higher up the food chain folks, but it requires a little trickery. I feel your pain, and I've been there...

Case in point:

Few years ago I had a parked vehicle totaled by dump truck. Their insurance wanted to settle quick, and for next to nothing. Had several days with several calls to the adjuster, agent, and their supervisors with no luck... After some research on the web, I got a number for the Insurance carriers corporate office... with the CEO's office number. (This insurance company sponsors a pro golf tour)... I called the number, got his personal admin. assistant and told her my name and I was calling about the United States Golf Association... Of course, she thought I was calling about the pro golf tour and put me right though to the CEO. Once I got him(the CEO) on the phone, I made some small talk about the golf tour, then dropped the bomb about my insurance problem with his company... Gave him names and numbers involved, and he assured me he would get to the bottom of the problem...

Needless to say, I talked to the adjuster again in a few hours... and boy did he change his tune. Got everything I wanted and all was well... The CEO's office even called with a follow up.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:26 AM
New User

dfnhafh is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did they give a reason why they would not cover it?Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Posting Guru

Karl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to allKarl4Cat is a name known to all
You guys do realize this is a three year old thread that has been resolved a LONG time ago?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Freshman User

shredfit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
You guys do realize this is a three year old thread that has been resolved a LONG time ago?
Opps, No I didn't sorry
Old 07-18-2014, 02:21 AM
New User

xfjdfgjs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did they give a reason why they would not cover it? Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
Am I odd in that I always go "Hmmmm..." when complaints are accompanied by a post count of 1 and an undefinable user name ....

I mean, if I were having an issue I would be going everywhere to look for resolution, but where have you been all your vehicles life ?!?

this internet age has "Carmen from cardholder services" calling every day and other surprises that make you wonder, doesn't it ?
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 09-11-2014, 08:30 PM
New User

tripplejl is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's why dealers are ever so important in your buying decision. A good dealer will always have your back and make sure things are right. The dealer I use has always been more than fair with me and I always make sure I return the treatment to them when I buy my next vehicle from them. Even if they are a little more money than a dealer down the road I don't complain because when I need them to help me they bend over backwards to do just that. Ford has always been and always will be in my driveway. Running boards are cheap compared to engines like in my buddies GM that they wouldn't warranty! Sorry to hear about your troubles
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 PM
New User

jpdrev is starting off with a positive reputation.
PLease tell us who is that GOOD dealer...
Old 09-11-2014, 08:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, bubbling, chrome, decline, duty, f350, ford, grill, have, kind, pealing, super, truck, trucks, warranty, warrenty