1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford warranty declining coverage

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,194 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by 1buzzbait
i, as do others on this forum do empathize with you on your situation--however--i am of the opinion that statements like:I'll never buy another Ford product: This guy when repeatedly beaten down with logic:As for the dealer, no I did not buy from them.--wont get you very far--again this is just MY opinion no one elses!-being in the business and doing business with other businesses-i too have been in similar situations--yet i find i achive much more success when i encounter a diffcult situation or gray area when i am a total professional--i may not always get everything i want, but i get a lot--being in the service business is generally a thankless job, but its what i do and how i feed my family. good luck to you in the future with your chevy

You have no idea the level of polite I kept it too with my dealer and Kyle. I'm venting on a forum now. Different story. As to where I bout it,dealers who treat people differently based on where they purchased are on their way out in this competitive business and if you do the same you may be doing something different to feed your family in the future. I paint for a living and I do an estimate for someone who had someone else do all their work in the past, I treat them like gold so I can do all of it in the future. If you find your job thankless, find a new one.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 AM
Zixxer
Tuned
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
I have to ask - what kind of soap are you using to clean your truck?

Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM
1buzzbait
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
been doin it for 35 years, thanks for your obvious concern for my family!!! i'll try not to interfere with your venting in the future!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Zixxer
I have to ask - what kind of soap are you using to clean your truck?
Mothers Gold. Whatever the best one is.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by 1buzzbait
been doin it for 35 years, thanks for your obvious concern for my family!!! i'll try not to interfere with your venting in the future!

I understand, I'm just trying to help you, a decision has been made. a lot of places that have been doing things a certain way for 35 years are going out of business these days. If theres anything I can do for you or your family, let me know.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Zixxer
Tuned
Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Mothers Gold. Whatever the best one is.

Ok, just looks like your chrome failure is caused by a caustic effect...soap, salt, etc.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
ROTTEKATZ
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6.2L Reliability

Originally Posted by BlueCrystalMan
How come??
6.2L engine popped a lifter and damaged cam at 3208 miles and was in shop 46 days. At around 6100 miles check engine light came on and they replace the rocker arm shaft on the other side. When it went in the 2d time I immediately called customer service and when they asked me what I want, I told them that I wanted them to buy the POS back. He said that he would note my request and that I would hear from Ford. That was around Jan 18. I should have the check next week.
The Ford refund check is going towards the purghase of a new Ram 1500.
I'm not an engine tester for Ford on my dime. And their customer service is NOT.
SGM, USA (Ret)

Old 03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by ROTTEKATZ
6.2L engine popped a lifter and damaged cam at 3208 miles and was in shop 46 days. At around 6100 miles check engine light came on and they replace the rocker arm shaft on the other side. When it went in the 2d time I immediately called customer service and when they asked me what I want, I told them that I wanted them to buy the POS back. He said that he would note my request and that I would hear from Ford. That was around Jan 18. I should have the check next week.
The Ford refund check is going towards the purghase of a new Ram 1500.
I'm not an engine tester for Ford on my dime. And their customer service is NOT.
SGM, USA (Ret)
Lucky you!!! All I want if for them to buy back one running board.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Peeling chrome is not covered under the 3/36. Corrosion and rust are a separate warranty and have completely different rules. No damage. My truck looks as good as the day I bought it. It's a garage queen when I'm not towing and never gets put away dirty. No more to the story. I'm just screwed. Call Kyle. He will tell you. Peeling chrome isn't a warrantable condition. Trust me, we spent 30 minutes debating the fact. Running boards according to Ford are a wear item!
You need to keep debating with them them. Windshield wipers, clutch and brake linings, hoses and belts are wear items.

Your owners guide should have a detailed list of wear items and I'll bet that runnings aren't on it.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:12 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by tseekins
You need to keep debating with them them. Windshield wipers, clutch and brake linings, hoses and belts are wear items.

Your owners guide should have a detailed list of wear items and I'll bet that runnings aren't on it.

I tried and tried. Kyle told me that there is NO ONE above him that is a "customer resource." In other words, he was the final say in running boards. I wasn't allowed to talk to his boss or the warranty department as they aren't available to the public. Who else can I debate on this? Very frustrating...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:20 PM
Wagion
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
How much time you willing to put into it. Start sending emails and letters to board and CEO and everyone else you can find address for. Call Kyle everyday and ask if his boss is available today.

THE SQUEAKY WHEEL DOES GET THE GREASE!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM
2002 F350V10
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try another ford dealer and see what they say.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Clearly Ford's chrome package is not in my future.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
ROTTEKATZ
Cross-Country
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Customer Service

I tried and tried. Kyle told me that there is NO ONE above him that is a "customer resource." In other words, he was the final say in running boards. I wasn't allowed to talk to his boss or the warranty department as they aren't available to the public. Who else can I debate on this? Very frustrating...
There is a Ford customer service rep that monitors Ford on facebook. She will look into it but, I doubt she will be any help. But, you would be able to vent on another site. Expect some flak. As is this site they are mostly sheep believing that Ford can do no wrong.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ROTTEKATZ
There is a Ford customer service rep that monitors Ford on facebook. She will look into it but, I doubt she will be any help. But, you would be able to vent on another site. Expect some flak. As is this site they are mostly sheep believing that Ford can do no wrong.
That was a nice tip but your statement wasn't very polite. Many such as myself have had excellent experiences with Ford products and Ford's customer service. If one has had limited or no bad experiences, why bash the company?

The OP in my humble opinion has a legitimate gripe and Ford should step up and do the right thing. The OP was polite and articulate and justifiably pissed.

Many folks come here to vent and say, "I'll never buy another Ford"! Why would a Ford lover even give a statement like this the time of day?

Take a statement like that to another enthusiasts site and see if you can feel the love.

Quick Reply: Ford warranty declining coverage