Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Senior User

AzSuperDuty has a good reputation on FTE.AzSuperDuty has a good reputation on FTE.AzSuperDuty has a good reputation on FTE.
I got mine from Cary Towery at CTPerformance for less than my local Ford dealer would offer.
2005 6.0 Excursion 4x4 Eddie Bauer
White with Beige trim
Old 03-14-2012, 09:42 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bioguzzler View Post
Where does a guy buy these v code springs? I need a new set in the worst way!
FTE Supporting Vendor Tousley Ford.

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Tousley Ford has them for $129. I think I will just buy mine from them rather then spending all the time looking in JY thats unless they have a wrecked dullay that I can get them off of.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 AM
New User

markpcman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the same issues with my 2000 Ford Excursion. I will also have to do it myself, on a limited budget. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if i did it step by step, what would be the recommended order to do it in? Say the fronf leaf springs and shocks, or leaf springs all the way around first or shocks. I appreciate your advice, and I really think from looking at the excellent illustrations I can do this!
Old 07-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior User

RobRoss has a good reputation on FTE.RobRoss has a good reputation on FTE.
I recently swapped springs on my Ex. I created a fairly elaborate spread sheet to compare the various springs (Stewart_H, please read your email). I had thought about having a local spring shop add a leaf front and rear. I think they quoted my $920 and said it would raise it up 2.5". What I didn't like about adding a leaf is that I wanted new spring eye bushings thinking are 9 years old and 135,000 miles and I didn't want more spring rate in the rear. I ended up putting V's in the front and what I think are C's in the rear. You can read here if you like http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...ring-swap.html

I bought all new parts from Ford and I'm very happy with the results. If you don't already have them, you may want to add adjustable shocks. I was able to improve my ride greatly with the new springs and adjustable shocks. With the stock springs, the front would bottom out easily on the softest setting, they don't now!

Good luck!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Elder User

jamesbfishin has a very good reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a very good reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a very good reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a very good reputation on FTE.
Agree, tousley is the place to get springs,
Old 07-25-2014, 07:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
1996, 54, add, addaleaf, code, excursion, explore, f150, ford, leaf, shocks, spring, springs, vcode, vs