Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 or 4.2 V6 engine
SPONSORED BY:
Click HereAdvertisement

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM
New User

Heyer5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 F150 Warning Light question

Hey everyone

I just had a warning light come on this morning on my 2008 F150. It's under the RPM gauge and appears to be a reservoir of some sort. I did the automated system check, all fluids came back okay, and I didn't get the digital notification when the warning light came on like one would usually get.

Now, I don't have a manual and I have come up empty on all of my google searches for an answer, so here I am, asking you guys! My assumption is low windshield wiper fluid, but I have no way to confirm that as I sit at my work desk. Any answers are appreciated!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Any chance you can take a picture of that light? Is it still on?

Here's a link to online manuals:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...p?menuIndex1=2

Sorry that I'm not of more help this morning besides what I just gave ya.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM
New User

I have a picture on my Droid, however, I don't have any uploading cables with me and I'm a newbie with the phone, but I'll see what I can get done.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Whachuwant?

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
I took a look at the 2008 manual for you. I believe your truck is equiped with a tire pressure monitoring system, and there's a good chance this is the light that is coming on.
The light would be a cut away view of a mounted tire, with a exclamation point in the heart of the tire void.
Could this be it?
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Whachuwant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyer5 View Post
I have a picture on my Droid, however, I don't have any uploading cables with me and I'm a newbie with the phone, but I'll see what I can get done.
Email the picture from the phone to yourself. Go to photobucket, or another online system, upload your photo there, then come here and copy the web address in this format
[IMG]insert web address here[/IMG]
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM
New User

I don't believe its a tireissue. My truck reads out digitally if I have low tire pressure and doesn't throw a light.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 AM
New User

Working on gettin' it uploaded...
Old 03-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Whachuwant?

What F150 model is your truck? FX4? Lariat? Harley?
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Whachuwant?

Attached are the pertinent pages from the 2008 manual. That's all I can help ya with at this point.
Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf from 2008 manual.pdf (365.6 KB, 248 views)
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 08:09 AM
New User

Pictures by 5heyer5 - Photobucket

that's the picture - hopefully

Looks like it's my service engine soon light according to the pages that MCDavis supplied.

Guess I'll have to find a computer to hook it up to.

Oh, it's a fx4/lariat/king ranch - Lariat chrome package grill, King Ranch interior, seats, dash, all that jazz, and I'm pretty sure it was just a fx4 package originally
Old 03-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Whachuwant?

Yep, service engine light.
Here's the important information to read though...as this also services as the "check engine light" or CEL.
From the manual:
Service engine soon: The Service
engine soon indicator light
illuminates when the ignition is first
turned to the ON position to check
the bulb and to indicate whether the vehicle is ready for
Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) testing. Normally, the Service engine soon
light will stay on until the engine is cranked, then turn itself off if no
malfunctions are present. However, if after 15 seconds the Service
engine soon light blinks eight times, it means that the vehicle is not
ready for I/M testing. See the Readiness for Inspection/Maintenance
(I/M) testing in the Maintenance and Specifications chapter.
Solid illumination after the engine is started indicates the On Board
Diagnostics System (OBD-II) has detected a malfunction. Refer to On
board diagnostics (OBD-II) in the Maintenance and Specifications
chapter. If the light is blinking, engine misfire is occurring which could
damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid
heavy acceleration and deceleration) and have your vehicle serviced
immediately by your authorized dealer.
Official Slackmaster #24
Old 03-29-2011, 08:32 AM
New User

I appreciate all the quick responses, however my mechanic is quite a ways away. I'll go in and see what code is being thrown and let him know, see when I need to make the drive to get 'er fixed!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F150

Tags
2003, 2008, camera, diognistics, engine, explorer, f150, ford, indicator, light, lights, limited, pictures, tester, warning