Sponsored by: DP Tuner

new member needs ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 PM
fordharley
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member needs ideas

Hi all. I have been reading your forum for a while now. Sure are a lot of helpful smart people out there with a lot of info. Thanks for the ideas .
I'm having a problem passing the ca. smog check. (check eng. light on) always starts and runs good. Has IDM codes. Have 6 inj. with high to low open codes.p 1271 72 77 74 76 77. Things I have done so far are. Bought AE , Replaced all injectors 30,000 ago when eng was rebuilt, replaced valve cover gaskets and harnesses Used the ford repair clips also, Replaced the eng harness plugs to the valve covers, Replaced the ecm and the idm with rebuilts from auto computer exchange. Ohmed all the harneses till I'm blue while shaking and wiggling them From idm plug and back all ohm at 2.9 Was thinking of trying inj. solinoids next. Any other ideas out there? Thanks for all the help and info.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 AM
jwhitetail
Posting Guru
Welcome, to best forum on the planet.. Your on the right track with AE, the Caly boys will chime in later, all the things you have done, sounds like you need a new IDM.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Muktown
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to FTE!

Where did you get your rebuilt injectors from? Is it actually running bad or just a check engine light? Any mods you've done to it? How's the wiring going to the engine itself not just the uvch?

Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Welcome to FTE Fordharley.
After reading your post, the only idea that comes to mind to check is to make sure the power supply to the engine management is clean, bare metal, zero corrosion, bright shiny clean connectors.
Engine grounds, same story.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
fordharley
New User
First let me say thanks for the warm welcome guys. My trials have been so ongoing with this truck that in my first post I may have omitted some of the things I tried. I did replace the Idm and the cpu with rebuilts. They cleared some of the other codes this truck had. I'm just dowm to the Idm codes now. Tried a local shops spare Good test Idm and had the same codes. The eng. runs fine just the cel is on. I have removed the eng. harness and did a continuity test on all of the sensor wires back to the big sq. plug at the left valve cover. I also put new batts and cleaned th cables really good last week.
I will today clean all the connections for power supply and grnds. Good idea thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
I wonder.....
Was this truck through a flood at one time, perhaps?
Or you live in a rather wet environment and the windshield is leaking onto the GEM/fuse panel inside the truck?