Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Posting Guru

b4hntn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.b4hntn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Number one is pull codes and get all passed, 11 or 111 whichever your system shows.

Mine is as peppy as I need. If you want to drag race, a 5,500 pound rig it may not be the best choice. Mine will hold in OD pulling trailer and not drop but 3 mph with cruise on the hills but, I usually am nice to it and not suck as much gas with the cruise off. I just "shoot the hills."

The three best improvements on mine have been all new vacuum hoses, oxygen sensor, and rebuilt PCM. It probably has 15-20 per cent more power than 40K miles ago. Other replacements have been ECM. ACT, ICM, Distributor stator, TPS, all Mototcraft. Ford racing 9MM wires, cap rotor, NKG v-groove copper plugs, MSD? can't remember popular brand red coil. timing chain set and staying with 10W-30 (not 40) oil. K&N drop in air cleaner. Running 11 bdtc timing.

Then see if you want to spend money on more flow.

FTE is great! Be a supporter to keep this forum going. 94 5.8 EB, towing package, K & N drop in, MSD Blaster, 9 mm Ford Racing Wires, mechanical oil and temp guages and the rest all stock.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM
New User

Smillie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for all the help, I ended up doing RAM air and holding off on turbo or supercharging. But, I've run into a problem. Lately, after around 6 minutes of driving my bronco starts getting way too hot. After I parked the other day I popped the hood to see if I had a radiator leak or something and I felt the radiator hose to see if there was pressure and there was none and it was burning hot. Also, at the radiator end of the hose there is a hissing at the clamp, which I've re adjusted several times now. Any ideas as to what this might be?
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 AM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thermostat is stuck closed. Replace it and the upper radiator hose if the leak/hiss cannot be fixed otherwise.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
New User

RoadKing13 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well one thing you didn't say is what you use the Bronco for.
that makes a difference, in putting you on a good path.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1990, 351, 351w, 58, 94, bronco, economy, engine, ford, fuel, ignition, mods, supercharger, truck, upgrade, windsor