Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2011, 09:20 PM
New User

bboyle652 is starting off with a positive reputation.
99' brake problem!bad hydro boost?

I have a 99' f250 with 120k miles on it. i recently have found a problem while braking. when i stop initial braking is fine but wen i get almost to a stop the pedal gives out like half way really weird, i just changed the master cylinder. front calipers. front barke lines(superlift stainless steel) i bled the whole system frnt and rear at my friends shop. he thinks its the hydro boost . has any body had similiar problems? thanks for any info
Old 03-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE.

Sounds more like air in the lines to me. How is your steering? Your power steering pump supplies the boost to your brakes. You do know to use ATF and not power steering fluid in the power steering pump?
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 PM
New User

bboyle652 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i no its not air in the lines i blead the every caliper 10 times each with a mechanic. if my power steering pump is goin bad could that be it. i dnt no wut else to change it doesnt happen every time i stop either, does it more when it is warm out. could be coincidence tho
Old 03-24-2011, 05:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
02, 2000, 99, bad, boost, diesel, ecoboost, f250, f350, ford, hydro, hydroboost, hydrobooster, problems, raptor, svt, symptoms