1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Alright, by popular demand, and way off topic

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:44 PM
YoungFordAddict66
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What injectors do you need to run the 39R and then the T4?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
The 38r non rebuildable thing I've read is a fallacy.

Either way, look how long joey's has lasted.
I'm sure he's tortured it.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by YoungFordAddict66
What injectors do you need to run the 39R and then the T4?
You can spool a 38r with small stage 2's.
hell, you could probably spool it slowly with stage 1's.

Neals running a modded h2e, which is the next step up from the 38r.
38r is comparable with a stock h2e.
the modified version is very sweet.
Looks awesome in the truck too.
Neals just running some small stage 2's. ... 180/80's IIRC.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
The 38r non rebuildable thing I've read is a fallacy.

Either way, look how long joey's has lasted.
I'm sure he's tortured it.
Void.. Joey doesn't drive his rag!!!! LMFAO jk Joey. Yeah, ball bearing turbos are not rebuildable. You have to send them in and have them change out the cartridges and such..

A 38R will spool with midget injectors. Stock SD injectors spool it easily. Think about it William, the 38R is using the same turbine wheel as a stock SD turbo IIRC. The housings are a bit different, but with that turbine wheel, they still spool quickly with a 1.0 housing and stock SD injectors. I think that's also why it's out of it's map when we get close to the 500hp range in these trucks. The turbine wheel is so small that it just can't get the exhaust out quick enough and the pressure ratio starts rizing quickly. Of course, with an external wastegate, this can be avoided and you could even put some spray to it to make up the extra power that your 250cc hybrids are capable of without having to buy the turbo to suit them.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:38 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
I gotta vent. I'm so sick of dealing with idiots! 2 examples

The slum lord in town bought the lot across from Dad's house where our shop is. He moved a pos 30yr. old double wide trailer house in just across the road. Siding rotted away, junk windows, just a big sheethole. He put it in the lowest spot in the lot which is always under water. He pumped all the water out after the snow melt, built a gravel path all the way across the lot and just about dumped it moving it over there, unfortunately he didn't. Got it on his concrete pads now. LOOKS LIKE HELL. I'm sure we'll get some quality people living in it. First time someone parks on my lot I'm dragging whatever it is off. Told dad I was going to figure a way out to hook my pickup on that pos trailer and drag it out in the country somewhere. Frustrates the hell out of me and nothing I can do about it.

Other example just happened today. My kid and his girlfriend are back in town and she locked the keys in the trunk of the 02 taurus I got him. He calls me, I get over there and my ex wifes new little punk boyfriend (who's about the same age as my kid) was trying to break in the door. He had a PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER wedged in there, screwing everything up around the door, chipping paint, little dents, etc. I told him to get the you know what out of the way and let me check it out. Decided the best thing to do was call a mechanic friend in town who has tools to get it open the right way. He got it open, what do you know, weatherstipping all messed up in a few spots too besides the little dents and scratches. I don't even know if it will seal up good now or not. My bud who got it open looks at it, oh, that's not good! NO KIDDING!

SOME PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one, but seems like I deal with idiots on a daily basis and it gets old...

I'm done venting for now. Have a good weekend fellow fter's

Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Heck, one more happened today I forgot about. Took apart one of the race car rearends to put a 31 spline mini spool in in place of the 28. Didn't buy a new center pin for it, figured I'd use the old one. It came out in 3 pieces so that idea was out the window. Told dad to call the parts store and see if they could at least get one cause i'm getting sick of ordering one part and paying shipping. Happened twice already putting the cars together. They didn't even know what it was, said they needed the brand (which they don't) we told them. Finally dad just gave up. Came home, jumped online to summit, got it coming.

Alright, I really think I'm done now..

Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Way to go Darin, I always say its better on the outside then on the inside. I got one, today I pulled up to the RV dump and did my thing. Most of them are set up for two way traffic. This idiot pulls up nose to nose with me and is waiting for me to move when he could have just used the other side. The thing is, he is expecting me to back up a 35 foot camper then turn and go around him. I walked up to him and explained to him that I wasn't going to back up and that he could just use the other side. He had a pickup camper by the way, what an idiot!!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:55 AM
95_Dually
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Its doing well. He has done pretty good so far. Minimal parts broken! I think he has taken first at a few small pulls.

on mine I'm scare to run slicks mostly because of the hop it has. I haven't figured out a cure yet. You used to race right? Got any ideas? It hops like crazy when I launch on the strip, but on the street its not near as bad. Think I'm trying some stiffer shocks next and switching traction bars

Yes, I used to race. Wheel hop is generally caused by the rear suspension loading and unloading the rear wheels...causing them to bounce off the ground. Traction bars will probably solve your problem. You do not want really stiff shocks in the rear. The best shocks I ran were cheap. They got better as they wore out...lol

When you install your traction bars, preload (make the traction bar contact the spring) on the passenger side (since it is a pegleg and that is the tire that is spinning) by jacking up that side of the truck just enough to get the wheel off the ground then setting the traction bar snubber firmly against the spring. When you set the truck down, it will apply pressure on that wheel. The down side is, the truck will feel stiff as hell driving down the road. But this will most likely take care of your wheel hop.

I do recommend installing a posi unit though and then preloading both traction bars. I would install a spool instead, but it is not very friendly on the street....LOL