Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Junior User

jmbaker3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How to replace Tailgate Handle

The tailgate handle on my 01 Excursion is a mess from years of exposure. I want to replace it and found the part...not sure if anyone has done and degree of difficulty. Also, do you know a good site to order from. Retail on part is $177.00. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Some useful info here.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...atch-lock.html

and diagram:

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - wpnaes's Album: Various Ex Work - Picture
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig rear, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Temporarily Deactivated

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbaker3 View Post
The tailgate handle on my 01 Excursion is a mess from years of exposure. I want to replace it and found the part...not sure if anyone has done and degree of difficulty. Also, do you know a good site to order from. Retail on part is $177.00. Thanks.
177 for a handle?........don't forget to tip them
Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Elder User

jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Get a price from Tousley Ford.com

THE BITTER TASTE OF POOR QUALITY LINGERS LONG AFTER THE SWEET TASTE OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw1 View Post
Get a price from Tousley Ford.com
Thanks, $117.00 with them.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Junior User

I got the new part. Now I just need to know how to install it...or better yet remove the old one. Anyone have a link to this specific job. Need to know how to remove the clip holding the handle to get started. This part is the tailgate handle. It is the long black plastic part on the outside of the liftgate glass with the handle.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
1994, 77, colorado, diagram, f250, fix, ford, gate, handle, latch, ranger, replace, tail, tailgate, tailgates, truck, trucks