Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Ravelco on Ebay

I bought a new in the box Ravelco anty theft device off ebay for $75.00, I hope I can install it myself, what do you think,it has instructions
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 03-22-2011, 02:13 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
It will not be the same as the orginal....it is a clone. Won't be supported by the manufactor of the device.

I don't think I would have near the expectations as the orginal.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
I agree, I'm always the sceptic too when it comes to things like that, thx Scott
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
By the looks of it, it IS the original. Labor is always the BIG price in these things. And knowledge in knowing what wires to cut and splice into the "key".

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Canadian Trucker

The add says it comes with instructions, I will give it a shot. If I can rebuild an automatic
transmission I hope I can install the Ravelco. I hope..........

I went on the Ravelco site & they sure dont like that ebay seller, then Ravelco started bad mouthing ebay calling them (quote) greedy
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 04-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Junior User

alandeon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
The add says it comes with instructions, I will give it a shot. If I can rebuild an automatic
transmission I hope I can install the Ravelco. I hope..........

I went on the Ravelco site & they sure dont like that ebay seller, then Ravelco started bad mouthing ebay calling them (quote) greedy

My understanding is that they are authentic but old stock and an older design. They were bought when a old supplier went out of business.

I think I remember Revelco saying that they may have been in a flood but they haven't prooved it.

I may buy one also since I can't find a supplier close to my home in Ontario Canada.

I'll just be careful with my original keys because revelco will NOT sell me new keys if I lose them.

I'll also keep the wiring diagram and all wiring choices in my safe, in case I need to remove it some day.

If Revelco wants to come to my home in Hamilton Ontario to install their official one, I'll be happy to let them do it.
FINALLY got my brand spanking new 2011 F250 Lariet CrewCab 6.7L deisel 4x4, 20" rims, Charcoal interior and Charcoal leather seats, Nav system, Bronze Metallic Shortbox with 5th wheel prep and stripper pole and color matched Line-X and a Bakflip hard folding tonneau cover thing of beauty
Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Canadian Trucker

Alan, let us know how you make out, Gigger
2006 F350 Lariat
Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Senior User

Future_LEO is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you guys go to page 9 of the "My truck was stolen" thread in the Super Duty section, I posted pictures and how its installed. I bought mine off ebay from same seller back in November.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:38 PM