Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone paint their interrior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Staveys150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Yea, I should have did a lot more taping....But it's not gonna be hard to take off...
razor blades FTW!!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:20 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Acetone....I didn't tape the window so I could get BEHIND the little lines, etc...

-Wes

Old 03-20-2011, 09:24 PM
xc4jokestomper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like all those but man you guys are too plain jane! im going for either black and yellow, or a black and powder blue. mix it up a little bit.

so the lower door panels where it has the carpet type stuff you guys used a dye?

what about the slicker vinyl type stuff on the door panels as well?

also i know this is off topic but does anyone know of a company or a place where i could get some seat covers for the middle seat of the 40/20/40 seat? and the back seat of the extended cabs?

Old 03-26-2011, 07:58 AM
xc4jokestomper
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well dad let me try it out on his ranger. the ranger door panels seem to be alot easier to remove to me. personally i thought it turned out pretty good lol. i deffinately used the wrong kind of paint because it was the only thing i had in the garage at the moment.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by tdcarter72
Since I can not post pictures yet to this site, check out this link for my interior that I redone for my truck.

Interior Work.....What do you think? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans
Good luck with that on the door panels and anything that is not vinal

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
tdcarter72
Junior User
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Good luck with that on the door panels and anything that is not vinal
Thanks, but I have had no problems so far. Thats the reason I used Duplicolor Fabric/Vinyl paint which is made for painting the interior.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Thanks, but I have had no problems so far. Thats the reason I used Duplicolor Fabric/Vinyl paint which is made for painting the interior.
Any high wear item(door panels) will wear off.

As for "painting" you velor visors, carpeted door panel pockets, headliner, seat or carpet, a couple of brushes and it all comes off

Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 AM
tdcarter72
Junior User
Any high wear item(door panels) will wear off.

As for "painting" you velor visors, carpeted door panel pockets, headliner, seat or carpet, a couple of brushes and it all comes off
Any OEM high wear item will wear off its color also, thats the reason for redoing them.

As for the carpet, seat,and visors, I have used a vacuum cleaner on all of them after redoing them and I have not seen any changes in color yet.

I think the key to doing it right so it will last is in the prep work. If you don't prep it right, then you could and most likely will have the effects you are talking about.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Any OEM high wear item will wear off its color also, thats the reason for redoing them.
WRONG. The plastic is molded that color, it doesnt "Wear off"

Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

110%...Correct

Old 03-26-2011, 02:30 PM
tdcarter72
Junior User
Excuse me for the wording!!!

Any OEM high wear item will fade its color, thats the reason for redoing them.

My point being, what I done will last as long as the OEM because I took the time to do it right. You might not agree, but thats your opinion which you are entitled too.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:33 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

I too have did the color change....Used Colorbond paint, and I love it...No fading yet, and seems to be holding up pretty well....

-Wes

Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
HrdDrv
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Before,

After,

Had to break up the red...

Krylon Matte Black

By the way, went to a pick-it yard and obtained a new dash pad, but it was grey and in better condition.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:06 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

HrdDrv-I had a grey interior, painted it maroon with the colorbond; after 3 times cleaning everything with wax/grease remover....Turns out that I needed to lay a black basecoat down first, because now my dash is just a shade lighter than the factory finish on the door panels.....

I also painted the plastic shifter boot hold down ring and it is spot on perfect color/shade...That's how I cam up with ^ knowledge of shades...

I still have the factory grey floormat, but I am swapping it for a new black one...and I still have the grey seatbelts; To give a break in the red....Still thinkin' about black ones though....

I am on the hunt for the entire wooden dash trim from either a Mark III or a Eddie Bauer Edition..... May have to just make it my self....As with almost everything else I can't seem to find....If I do get the wooden trim, I will sand/stain it with dark walnut or cherry stain, and clear coat....

-Wes

Old 03-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
HrdDrv-I had a grey interior, painted it maroon with the colorbond; after 3 times cleaning everything with wax/grease remover....Turns out that I needed to lay a black basecoat down first, because now my dash is just a shade lighter than the factory finish on the door panels.....

I also painted the plastic shifter boot hold down ring and it is spot on perfect color/shade...That's how I cam up with ^ knowledge of shades...

I still have the factory grey floormat, but I am swapping it for a new black one...and I still have the grey seatbelts; To give a break in the red....Still thinkin' about black ones though....

I am on the hunt for the entire wooden dash trim from either a Mark III or a Eddie Bauer Edition..... May have to just make it my self....As with almost everything else I can't seem to find....If I do get the wooden trim, I will sand/stain it with dark walnut or cherry stain, and clear coat....

-Wes
the eddie bauer trim is plastic. I didnt realize your interior was two tone red and black. I dont think the wood grain would go with it

Quick Reply: anyone paint their interrior?