6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

TSB 11-3-23

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That is some funny stuff Ty LOL

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Although this is only my opinion, Ford appears to be preparing to to upgrade programming on the entire fleet. It is likely that some other software tweak was introduced and they needed to test it.

At the risk of annoying some here that have the trans and DEF issues, the postponement of the new flash until some more testing is completed speaks to Ford's confidence that the hardware is fine and another short delay in the software tweak will not put the transmission hard components in jeopardy. I do not believe they take votes on whether the engineers think they can just get the trans past the warranty period and hand the issue to the owners. Call me naive...

Regards

Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
mr.windows
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im all over that!!! after perhaps more than one Adult beverage I might never know the difference the amazing cure all those beverages at least till the next morning!!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
TyWebb
Senior User
Originally Posted by rickatic
Although this is only my opinion, Ford appears to be preparing to to upgrade programming on the entire fleet. It is likely that some other software tweak was introduced and they needed to test it.

At the risk of annoying some here that have the trans and DEF issues, the postponement of the new flash until some more testing is completed speaks to Ford's confidence that the hardware is fine and another short delay in the software tweak will not put the transmission hard components in jeopardy. I do not believe they take votes on whether the engineers think they can just get the trans past the warranty period and hand the issue to the owners. Call me naive...

Regards
Rickatic,

As always your input is always appreciated. Seems like you are spending a lot of time apologizing for your thoughts on these threads.....let m rip brother we shouldn't have to worry about the "Political Correct" police on our blogs

Old 03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree, no need to apologize. I love a good Rickatic post.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:10 PM
TyWebb
Senior User
I thought I would let you guys know my CEL came back on this morning heading into the office. It was 16 degree's out and I had been on the road about 25 minutes. I called Boyer and they said to bring it in just in case it wasn't the same issue with the NOX sensor. They hooked it up and it showed the same code as before.

They did some more digging while I was standing at the counter and did not see any updates on this TSB or when the new one should be coming out.

On the upside they gave me the 21/2 to 2" reducer for for free while I was in today and my shifting issues still seem to be resolved.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
mr.windows
Junior User
TyWebb, Welcome back to the CEL club!! What is the other thing they gave you for free? I am not familar with what you are talking about

Old 03-28-2011, 03:27 PM
machine62
Senior User
Trailer hitch adapter possibly???

Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM
TyWebb
Senior User
Originally Posted by mr.windows
TyWebb, Welcome back to the CEL club!! What is the other thing they gave you for free? I am not familar with what you are talking about
I would rather be welcomed to the Lottery Winners Club but this will have to do

They gave me a reduction sleeve you put in your tow package so I could use my 2" hitches. I bought the 21/2" diversitech hitch for normal trailers but have not bought the 21/2" hitch for my toy hauler yet. I think this is a $48 part if you buy it from them.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:35 PM
frt2599
Senior User
Originally Posted by TyWebb
I thought I would let you guys know my CEL came back on this morning heading into the office. It was 16 degree's out and I had been on the road about 25 minutes. I called Boyer and they said to bring it in just in case it wasn't the same issue with the NOX sensor. They hooked it up and it showed the same code as before.

They did some more digging while I was standing at the counter and did not see any updates on this TSB or when the new one should be coming out.

On the upside they gave me the 21/2 to 2" reducer for for free while I was in today and my shifting issues still seem to be resolved.
Well maybe they pulled the flash for the CEL issue and not shifting fixes. Is the truck still shifting OK???

Old 03-28-2011, 03:39 PM
TyWebb
Senior User
Shifting seems fine so far but I think the computer tunes the engine down when the CEL comes on which makes it run kinda sluggish.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:13 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TyWebb
Rickatic,

As always your input is always appreciated. Seems like you are spending a lot of time apologizing for your thoughts on these threads.....let m rip brother we shouldn't have to worry about the "Political Correct" police on our blogs
It is not about being PC. I have been down the 'broken new truck" road a couple of times and an very aware of how irritating it becomes waiting for repairs.

My position is that both the transmission issues and the DEF issues are small in number because the 2011 6.7 truck production and sales numbers are huge. This flies directly into the face of those who are having the problems.

I am a regular contributor here. I try to deal in facts. I do not want to make valued acquaintance's think I do not recognize their frustration. Some have questioned my position on both these issues and I respect their right to disagree.

Most who know me would not ever believe I would be a PC kind of guy...I am usually outspoken and direct...if one looks at my posts when facing bullies and falsehood tellers over at another forum, one would understand and agree. Here I am among friends...and I want it to remain that way...

Regards

Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 PM
fixdent
Senior User
We are still in the 0F temps in the morning. My CEL light went off about a month ago, after being on for 2 months. So far, has not came back on.

--
Gordon

Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 AM
RickSo
Junior User
Well, my CEL is still on and I called the dealer today and was told the info they had was the new update is causing more errors and not to install in any trucks. But, on another note what would happen if something was really wrong and the CEL was always on like mine for the last three months how would you know something else was wrong? I am so fed up with this truck I'm doing my best to unload it but no one will take it on trade with the CEL on...instead of complaining I'm just trying to move on. So, I hope they can get the update soon so I can sell this truck.

Rick

Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Jasper 1
New User
New flash

I have been following this form since I ordered my new f 350 and received 3 weeks ago. My build date is 1st week of February and just received a letter to take my truck in for a 11-B-23 flash, has any one else had this information passed on to them.

Quick Reply: TSB 11-3-23