1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

so much for the 5 speed conversion ..............

Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so much for the 5 speed conversion ..............

or maybe this thread ought to be called : no one will screw you like family ! i had that 91 s10 given to me , it runs , and gave it too my lil' cousin for him and his boy for a " project " as he had one with a 410 sbc before . the condition was it's trans , yoke and all parts relating to the trans or clutch were mine . in the meantime i found him an extended cab and also helped retrieve it with a 5 speed . well a year has gone bye and i'm ready to get the stuff rolling and i want my transmission and parts to begin with it . i get hold of him { right around the corner from me } and say have ya pulled it apart yet ... no . do you want to sell the diff out of the parts one to a friend of mine ... no . well in order to help you out and expedite the process how 'bout i come pick it up , give me a list of everything you want from it , and i'll, along with a buddy , rip it apart , and dispose of the remains ............. next thing you know he's telling me i'm shady for taking it back , i'm an **** hole , etc. being a real beligerent cuss . i get into it with him and tell him where to go , where to put that s10 , and don't freakin' call me for squat ..... turns out the lil' turd sold it as a whole to someone else who wanted the 5 speed in it for a rod , and the trans out of the other one too , and then sold the frame to the guy i set him up with for another project . ALL I GOTTA SAY WHO'S SHADY ??????

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we learn by our mistakes...he's gonna learn about burning bridges....and your gonna get you part's first before helping someone out next time....you did good...he lost a helper and mentor...don't lose time being angry ...

Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
That sucks...

Old 03-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Fordman49F1
Senior User
That sucks man...no call to double cross someone. If you are close, I may have a line on a T-5 for a reasonable price if you are interested. I can explain your situation and see what I can do on the price...PM me for details.

I got burned on something small once a long time ago and I learned then...family...friend or foe, the deal is square before I go home. None of this I will get it later or I will pick it up tomorrow crap cause people forget. People get greedy and want to charge a storage fee, people get lazy and sell it out from under you...bottom line is if you have yours and I have mine there is no wiggle room period. That way nobody has a chance to screw you out of your parts.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 PM
JRMack
Senior User
I completely know what you mean. Sounds very frustrating!!!!

A couple of years ago i lent my cousin the rims and tires off of my 55 (was in the middle of a ifs swap) so he could "move" his car from a friends house to his. 2 months later i needed my tires back to move my truck...went to go pick them up. He sold them to a buddy. I was seriously hacked off at the time. BUT I realized that you only have one family. Forgive and forget. I still love him like a brother, but wont loan him anything again that i am going to need in the future. I will drop what I am doing and run to help him when called.

So just remember...he's family. Families come before material possessions. Hard to see past the anger now, but it will go away.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
I Have a cousin like that - The first time he screwed me I kicked his *** - He was 4 and I was 5 - It became an annual thing at our yearly family reunions, I'd kick his ***.
Last year he was in my area - He wanted to visit my Brother, he asked that I not be told he was visiting - He didn't want to get beat up again - He was 61 I was 62. I told my Brother that I didn't want him to spoil my fun ever again.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
amazing how much can be resolved with a phone call.. and how often its not done..

sam

Old 03-18-2011, 02:16 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by JRMack
So just remember...he's family. Families come before material possessions. ....
You can pick your nose, you can pick your wife, but you can't pick your family... sometimes unfortunately so.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
I learned a long time ago that family can stick it to you harder than anybody else. And families quickly determine among themselves who the responsible verses irresponsible members are. The irresponsible ones get away with murder daily, while the responsible ones get crucified if they step out of line or forget to call grandma on her birthday. We love our family members. But we still want to drown them sometimes.

Old 03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Assumptions and expectations are too complicated when it comes to family. I agree with most of what's been posted above.

I won't do business with or work for family for pay/trade etc. I'd rather give things away than get screwed over in a business deal.

Love 'em dearly and expect the worst - that way you're always pleasantly surprised.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
I gotta laugh ..I was telling my mom about this and getting ..Ummm blindsided by family ..an' she tore a strip offa me cause family only calls when they need a truck or something fixed.so you are not alone with family muck-ups ...

Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
59JEEPSTANG
Senior User
Well it sounds like its his loss. Just remember this when he comes looking for some help.....

Paul

Old 03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
i just flat told him , as i have had some crappy experiences even with my female biological donor in the last ten years or so , not too bother calling or coming around period . he screwed himself too as i'm in the process of refinancing the house too fix some things needing it and making some improvements to the tune of 'prolly 40 big ones ..... he has his own business in the trades and was the only one i trusted to do the work , but i guess now i'll find someone else ... to bad he's gonna miss out on a big payday due to his lapse of sense ............ i get even somehow , someway all the time !!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-19-2011, 04:36 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
One more

Back in the 70s this guy interested in my car being a black 1936 4dr Ford
his son getting his lic. and wants it to drive to school. Felt sorry for the
kid and gave it away for $2000. Car is not restored but I dove it every day to work. Couple months later I spot car at coffee shop, pulls in, cocky
women comes out, says mister aint no bondo it it. I said I know and said
what something like this worth, she said she just bought it for $4500.
Copin an additude I said your missing inside window mouldings and I got
em & they came from this car and you aint gettin em peoriod!!!!
Till right now they are still hanging on my wall. and Im still gettin burnt

Old 03-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Kevin that sucks....why is it greed before honor! Man I got to say that I think alot of young people today are gonna find themselves regretting behavior like this. Alot of kids nowadays have no respect for anyone.. I think that the good ole SPANKING has been frowned upon as abuse...and in some cases, I can agree, but overall...life would be alot easier for many people if discipline was more of a priority.

So Kevin....what I am saying is...You would be giving him a great life lesson if you go whip his @$$ !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so much for the 5 speed conversion ..............