Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 AM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Why is the console so big?

I've abandoned my hopes of getting a Transit Connect after a test drive. I'm 6' tall with size 13 feet & my right foot has almost no space to maneuver when I sit in the driver's seat. The center console takes up about 30% of the space in the front row for reasons I can't determine. After sitting behind the wheel for 40 minutes my entire right leg goes numb & starts cramping, since there is only one position I can sit in when I'm driving, unlike most other vehicles.
Does anyone know just what is inside that #$%!! console that justifies its size?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
? nothing under the console

Today I talked to a guy at my local Ford Dealer's service center & asked him the above question. He said it's mostly empty space with some wire bundles. On some vehicles there may be an electronic module about as big as a cigar box. He said some owners have removed their front center consoles to recover the wasted space. The Transit Connect takes space away from the driver & just throws it into the back where there is already a huge amount of space.
I sure wish I could see what is inside that & if it could be removed. That is why I decided against buying a Transit Connect.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
big, car, center, computer, connect, console, consoles, f150, forbig, fords, pickup, pickups, texas, transit, trucks