Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Used Truck...?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:53 PM
88_F-150
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Used Truck...?

Hey im steve and im currently looking into getting a different truck. Used truck but new to me. Anyway, i currently own and drive an 88' f-150, 4.9, with a c6.. standard cab long bed. this truck has been very good to me, but its time to move on, since over time it has its downs. The newer used truck im looking at is a 92' f-350 crew cab, long bed, 7.3 idi (no turbo), and not shure what trans it has. Im just in search of answers and oppinions about how these trucks are, and the mpg's that i can expect. The truck is beautiful, and belive it or not, it has 60,000 origional miles on the motor and trans. This is because it is owned by a local fire company as a field truck, and needless to say it hassnt had too much use, but ya'l know how fire companies keep there trucks... clean and problem free. I really like this truck, and the asking price, is around $3,500... however I would just like to get some oppinions first... but yea, im probly going to buy this one.

thanks in advanced to those who respond, much appriciated.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 03-16-2011, 05:21 PM
KevinGnWV
The village idiot.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 88_F-150
Hey im steve and im currently looking into getting a different truck. Used truck but new to me. Anyway, i currently own and drive an 88' f-150, 4.9, with a c6.. standard cab long bed. this truck has been very good to me, but its time to move on, since over time it has its downs. The newer used truck im looking at is a 92' f-350 crew cab, long bed, 7.3 idi (no turbo), and not shure what trans it has. Im just in search of answers and oppinions about how these trucks are, and the mpg's that i can expect. The truck is beautiful, and belive it or not, it has 60,000 origional miles on the motor and trans. This is because it is owned by a local fire company as a field truck, and needless to say it hassnt had too much use, but ya'l know how fire companies keep there trucks... clean and problem free. I really like this truck, and the asking price, is around $3,500... however I would just like to get some oppinions first... but yea, im probly going to buy this one.

thanks in advanced to those who respond, much appriciated.
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->
If it's as clean as you described, I'd jump all over that. The only hangup I'd have is where I live, and the places I have to work, especially during the winter months 4x4 is almost required and in fact is required on two of our sites. Even so, that's a lot of truck for little bones.

Also, I think I read somewhere on this site detailed instructions and a parts list to turbo it. Sounds like an awesome find.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

For $3500 go for it!