Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


EcoBoost (all engine sizes) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.7 Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6, 2.3l/2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-16-2011, 10:51 AM
akalogan akalogan is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 214
akalogan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I need to whine were my wife can't hear me...

I am going to wait until her car is paid off, but I really want a eco F150. I really don't need a bigger truck except maybe 2% of the time (I have a '06' ranger 4x4). (Here comes the little kid in me) I wanna bigger truck! I have 3 years to go. I realize as a mature adult that having double car payments is stupid and wasteful of our hard earned money. But (sniveling now) it does not help my inner child. Well thanks for letting me cry over nothing folks. I just don't want to drive the household banker batty with it!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Ziegelsteinfaust's Avatar
Ziegelsteinfaust Ziegelsteinfaust is offline
Posting Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 1,125
Ziegelsteinfaust is starting off with a positive reputation.
Been there. I can buy a new whatever, and in 2 months I wish I would have something else to suit my mood.

The best you can hope for is that your wife wants a Ford, and then you can make a much better deal with the dealer. Also remember go to the dealer at the end of the month. Especially if it is during a week day.
__________________
Sitzungstiefpunkt und fahrend langsam

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-16-2011, 08:12 PM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 20,036
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by akalogan View Post
I am going to wait until her car is paid off, but I really want a eco F150. I really don't need a bigger truck except maybe 2% of the time (I have a '06' ranger 4x4). (Here comes the little kid in me) I wanna bigger truck! I have 3 years to go. I realize as a mature adult that having double car payments is stupid and wasteful of our hard earned money. But (sniveling now) it does not help my inner child. Well thanks for letting me cry over nothing folks. I just don't want to drive the household banker batty with it!
I've been down that road. Had two payments then promised to only have one. Now I'm getting ready to take on a second payment after many years of promising never again.

The way I see it is simple. This year I'll be Fifty 50. A 2011 F-150 will be my present to me. I work my a$$ off and I deserve a new truck, sooooooo, I'm gonna get it. I ain't gettin' no younger and it's time to spoil me for a change.
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:57 AM
akalogan akalogan is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 214
akalogan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
I've been down that road. Had two payments then promised to only have one. Now I'm getting ready to take on a second payment after many years of promising never again.

The way I see it is simple. This year I'll be Fifty 50. A 2011 F-150 will be my present to me. I work my a$$ off and I deserve a new truck, sooooooo, I'm gonna get it. I ain't gettin' no younger and it's time to spoil me for a change.
Good for you Tim, Part of it is my Wife and I are trying to pay the house off really, Really fast. I know my ranger does 98%of what I need a truck for. I am just starting to get that itch...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:59 AM
akalogan akalogan is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 214
akalogan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
Been there. I can buy a new whatever, and in 2 months I wish I would have something else to suit my mood.

The best you can hope for is that your wife wants a Ford, and then you can make a much better deal with the dealer. Also remember go to the dealer at the end of the month. Especially if it is during a week day.
My wife and I are Ford folks, so no issue there. Hell we have bought our last 3 vehicles from the same Ford dealership...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 PM
drh1175 drh1175 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
drh1175 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hear ya! I hate the truck payments. But after not having a F150 since 2002 I am taking the plunge. I had a 99 that we traded in back in 2002 to buy a Durango. Shortly after that our car died and we had to buy a car. We had 2 payments that totaled close to $1000 a month. We havn't had a vehicle payment now in close to 5 years which has been nice. But definitly not reality. Sooner or later we will have to upgrade so I have a 2011 Ecoboost on the way. Though the kid in me is excited I really am not looking forward to paying for it. I have been without a pickup for long enough so I guess that is the way it is. Hopefully our Durango will last a while yet as this truck will be mine! No more borrowing the durango to go fishing and hunting. I can go whenever I want!
__________________
2011 F150 Xlt Crew Cab 4x4, Sterling Gray, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, Back up camera and tailgate steps
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 AM
bfd1528 bfd1528 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10
bfd1528 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well men I just went and did it. The wife was not happy but. I had a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Just got it in Sept. 2010 to pull a new fifth wheel. Ended up the wife found a 1/2ton towable less than 8,000lbs fifth wheel. So hello 2011 F150 XTL Supercab, EcoBoost, MAx Tow, 145inch wheel base and 3.73 rear end. Now she can get her fifthwheel and I have a great truck!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 AM
tseekins's Avatar
tseekins tseekins is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Posts: 20,036
tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd1528 View Post
Well men I just went and did it. The wife was not happy but. I had a 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax. Just got it in Sept. 2010 to pull a new fifth wheel. Ended up the wife found a 1/2ton towable less than 8,000lbs fifth wheel. So hello 2011 F150 XTL Supercab, EcoBoost, MAx Tow, 145inch wheel base and 3.73 rear end. Now she can get her fifthwheel and I have a great truck!
A marriage made in heaven!
__________________
Tim
SCPO United States Coast Guard Retired
2011 F-150 XLT 4x4 Ecoboost
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Combination for Ranger 87diesel Ranger & B-Series 3 08-06-2013 05:26 PM
bigger alternator? MMSGuthrie110 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 2 01-08-2011 05:02 PM
My new Truck Lucius Vorenus 2009 - 2014 F150 8 09-02-2010 12:12 PM
talk me out of this truck tomtoc Ranger & B-Series 22 03-06-2007 02:13 PM
Bigger Tire Problem Luvs her F250 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel 19 01-05-2004 05:28 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (all engine sizes)

Tags
2011, 8000lbs, adults, boost, deal, eco, ecoboost, end, f150, ford, maxtow, month, supercab, towing, truck, whinning, wife

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


Participate In The Forums

Create new posts and participate in discussions. It's free!

Sign Up »





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup