1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

11 simple rules for posting in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 08:40 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

11 simply rules for posting in the 48-60 truck forum

1. Never put meaningful titles on your new threads, it makes them too easy to find later when people really need the info (assuming there is something useful in the thread).

2. Never use words with more than two syllables. Folks in this forum don’t like to use dictionaries. Many don’t even own one. Some can’t even spell dictionary……

3. Never put all the info you have in one reply. Go back later and add two or three more replies to finish your thoughts. It gets your message count up. The more messages you post, the fancier the rating you get under your user name. Like “posting guru” even though you might be dumb as post, new members don’t realize this and think you know what you’re talking about and seek out your advice. It’s great for the ego.

4. Never show fear or lack of knowledge on a subject, folks in here can smell fear and will circle in for the kill. When all else fails – B.S. Baffle them with B.S.

5. Never feed ‘fenders or get too close to his cage. Never get into a battle of wits with him either. For one thing – he’s not armed and for another, he has connections with the U.S. Army and can get you. (Picture a team on Navy Seals creeping into your house under dark of night.) This guy is scarey – he’s fat, bald, his skin is white, almost translucent from sitting in front of his PC 20 hours a day. He has dark patches around his eyes…..just sits there in his boxers and slippers, faded wife-beater style undershirt and worn old bathrobe…just 10 keystrokes and those Seals are there…..scarey…

6. Never put more than two sentences of useful information in a post. However, be sure to pad it out with at least 10 more sentences of humour or attacks on other peoples’ drivetrain or front suspension choices. Most of us know how to fix our trucks, the only reason we’re here is because we don’t have any real friends and it’s better than spending time with the wife.

7. Never spell-check your replies before you post them. It’s better to go back in and edit it to do the corrections, the more times the better. Gets your message count up.

8. Never disrespect John Niolon. He is our resident scribe, the only professionally published participant in this forum. We worship him from afar and we secretly hope that if we suck up to him, he will one day mention our name in one of his published articles. Dis John and we’ll all turn on you.

9. Never mention the use of Ch*vy parts on your trucks. You can use Dodge but not Plymouth (sounds too girly) but NEVER Ch*vy. Trucks are manly things.

10. Never use punctuation. Makes it too easy for folks to understand what you’re saying. If you must use punctuation, try to use it incorrectly. People don’t like to converse with people that have more schoolin’ than themselves. We were going to have a poll once to determine peoples’ level of education, but no one could spell - univercity/universalty/unifersity – college.

11. Always mention “55” and “Ford” in post at least once, so the moderator can’t delete it as unrelated to 48 – 60 Ford trucks.

12. Never brag about the HP your truck puts out, assuming it even has an engine it. ‘Rage has about 8,000 HP and 8,000 ft.lbs of torque and will kick your butt. And unlike many of us, his truck really does have a running engine in it.

Old 03-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Earl
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Laughed my a$$ off.

Fergie, you've pretty much tweaked everybody on the board except Niolon with that post. WRT John, trust me, he won't share the authors fee for any of his great publications with you so you might as well tweak him too.

I pledge not to use punctuation and make my replies as dim, obscure, murky, and incomprehensible as possible. Further, I will always mention "56" and "Ford" in my posts so they can never be rejected for any reason.

Old 03-16-2003, 09:11 AM
rebellforever
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice 11 rules.
i think you posted 12 though.
and nice puntuation even though your not suppost to use puntuaton.
i thik you got the point through to the new users though.
haha
i dont got a motor in my truck i still got bare frame on stands.

swanny

Old 03-16-2003, 09:20 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts

This thread is going places RMF your career best four shure I'll be back later as it warrants good ansirs not something off my head too quick 302s rule Chevys suck 55 Fords Niolon is the man seals leavin to canada right now 1389 posts for me I'm wailing on you guys later bye fenders

Last edited by fatfenders; 03-16-2003 at 09:26 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:50 AM
darkman
Posting Guru

Jeez I hope you didn't ( 55 FORD) scare of any new guys. They might think you are serious. ALL HAIL JOHN. Trucks are supposed to have engines in them? What is the engine stand for? You know my truck shares axle patterns with a Dodge but not a CH#*y. Well that is all for now. I'll edit this shortly so I can get to that 500 message post (editors note This is a run on sentence)you now I'm real close do I get a gold watch.

Edited for speeling check 03-16-03 @ 0958 by Darkman

Last edited by darkman; 03-16-2003 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:22 AM
Karm
Senior User

HAHAHA

If anyone ever thinks this forum is that bad, they should check out the ones on ThirdGen.org (a Camaro/Firebird site). I go there now and then to see what my little punk cousin is up to.... the guys posting there are just plain dumb All of your rules seem to apply to those guys in every way.

Last edited by Karm; 03-16-2003 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Keahi73
Senior User
Thumbs up 11 simple rules for posting in this forum

luv yer werk! ha ha ha ha

Than you for my daily funny. I'll be laughing to myself all day.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:46 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

Our new 48-60 constitution is several hours old now. I propose some new amendments.

Amendment #1- I propose we repeal #8. I was nice to Niolon all morning and it was boring. Perhaps we could all be nice to Kenny instead?

Amendment #2- No more naked posting under any circumstances. If George wants to post while wearing a Speedo or thong underwear, so be it, but he can't tell us about it anymore.

Amendment #3- Never admit your front suspension or engine is inferior to someone elses. No matter how much documentation may exist to support their opinion. It is a sign of weakness and just isn't manly.

Old 03-16-2003, 03:02 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 726 Likes on 259 Posts

Ferg... your rules are excellent... but I'd like to offer the following comments/critique/suggestions... along with fenders admendments... I think we have a constitutable document here

Originally posted by ferguson777
11 simply rules for posting in the 48-60 truck forum

1. Never put meaningful titles on your new threads,

done... plus it only clutters up the title bar... better yet don't use any !!! it adds to the excitement of opening up the message... kinda like your birthday but with less anticipated gifts

2. Never use words with more than two syllables. Folks in this forum don’t like to use dictionaries. Many don’t even own one. Some can’t even spell dictionary……

Ferg ???? dictionary is more than two... say "word-book"

3. Never put all the info you have in one reply. Go back later and add two or three more replies to finish your thoughts. It gets your message count up. The more messages you post, the fancier the rating you get under your user name. Like “posting guru” even though you might be dumb as post, new members don’t realize this and think you know what you’re talking about and seek out your advice. It’s great for the ego.

I had something to add here but I'll do it later...

4. Never show fear or lack of knowledge on a subject, folks in here can smell fear and will circle in for the kill. When all else fails – B.S. Baffle them with B.S.

Hey !! I resemble tht remark

5. Never feed ‘fenders or get too close to his cage. Never get into a battle of wits with him either. For one thing – he’s not armed and for another, he has connections with the U.S. Army and can get you. (Picture a team on Navy Seals creeping into your house under dark of night.) This guy is scarey – he’s fat, bald, his skin is white, almost translucent from sitting in front of his PC 20 hours a day. He has dark patches around his eyes…..just sits there in his boxers and slippers, faded wife-beater style undershirt and worn old bathrobe…just 10 keystrokes and those Seals are there…..scarey…

fenders is a nice gentle Iowa farm boy... very attached to his farm animals..some say much to much so... that bathrobe picture... now that is scary

6. Never put more than two sentences of useful information in a post. However, be sure to pad it out with at least 10 more sentences of humour or attacks on other peoples’ drivetrain or front suspension choices. Most of us know how to fix our trucks, the only reason we’re here is because we don’t have any real friends and it’s better than spending time with the wife.

does this mean you guys aren't really my friends ??? ok... you're all out of the will... and fenders was getting the left over Volare stuff too !

7. Never spell-check your replies before you post them. It’s better to go back in and edit it to do the corrections, the more times the better. Gets your message count up.

I allweighs use my word book and it never fales me

8. Never disrespect John Niolon. He is our resident scribe, the only professionally published participant in this forum. We worship him from afar and we secretly hope that if we suck up to him, he will one day mention our name in one of his published articles. Dis John and we’ll all turn on you.

this is the only rule with which I am in total agreement

9. Never mention the use of Ch*vy parts on your trucks. You can use Dodge but not Plymouth (sounds too girly) but NEVER Ch*vy. Trucks are manly things.

what about International Harvester ??? I'm looking at a neat new idea for front suspension...

10. Never use punctuation. Makes it too easy for folks to understand what you’re saying. If you must use punctuation, try to use it incorrectly. People don’t like to converse with people that have more schoolin’ than themselves. We were going to have a poll once to determine peoples’ level of education, but no one could spell - univercity/universalty/unifersity – college.

puntuation ??? here in Alabama where we worship football that is the art of moving a football down the field so those sissy boys that are down there can try to gain ground against our mercinary defensive line.. We hold our puntuators in high regard and name automobile dealerships after them

11. Always mention “55” and “Ford” in post at least once, so the moderator can’t delete it as unrelated to 48 – 60 Ford trucks.

this should read '53' and 'ford'

12. Never brag about the HP your truck puts out, assuming it even has an engine it. ‘Rage has about 8,000 HP and 8,000 ft.lbs of torque and will kick your butt. And unlike many of us, his truck really does have a running engine in it.

I've had an engine in my truck several times, heck I've cut out engine mounts at least three !!!

Old 03-16-2003, 03:21 PM
bmccl
Senior User

To put it briefly...... Well put!!!!!!!!

Old 03-16-2003, 06:03 PM
51dueller
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I hereby declare Furgeson the Forum Jester. He has no fear to point out the obivous and pick on 'Fenders.

All Hail the Forum Jester!

Old 03-16-2003, 06:18 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend

"fenders is a nice gentle Iowa farm boy... very attached to his farm animals.."

RMF

I ask one more time for an amendment to repeal the be nice to Niolon rule. I suppose it's out of the question now that yall are kin.

Besides, it's not like on the TV. You people not from Iowa have no idea how rare the really cute farm animals are. They bring big money at the auction barn. Not just anyone can afford it.

That was really sick John.

Old 03-17-2003, 11:28 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

51 dueller,

Thank you, you're very kind. But I honestly don't deserve it.

While I had seriously considered making a run for the title as fiber optics isn't proving to be a good career choice, I must in all seriousness say - 'fenders holds the crown and deservedly so.

I'm not saying I want to be just 'fenders when I grow up, but I'm just rying to give him a run for his money.

I would not turn down "best supporting actor" though. (I'll start working on my speech, just in case.)

Regards,

P.S. - They like me, they really like me....

Last edited by ferguson777; 03-17-2003 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-17-2003, 11:51 AM
ferguson777
Posting Guru

And for those whiner-babies that proposed amendments to our constitushion, myself and an august body (my village elders) are reviewing your concerns at this moment and will soon table a revised document for ratification by our esteemed members.

Old 03-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master

LMOA
I've been following this thread for a while now. HeHe...Not to worry, looks like " 55 & '56 Ford" have been mentioned just enough times to warrant the thread.

BTW... Do you guys know that hot coffee really burns when exiting through your nose? Thanks for the laughs in an otherwise unbearable week!

Oh yeah, I must say I really like the "be nice to Kenny" idea! I just hope it's got nothing to do with moderator status. That would kinda be like the dog only playing with me because theres a pork chop around my neck.

Your humble servant,

Quick Reply: 11 simple rules for posting in this forum