Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Former Vendor

Spyder Auto is starting off with a positive reputation.
LA/OC/SB/Riverside Ford Truck Drivers

Hello,
My name is Viet from Spyder Auto, we are attempting to improve customer service by making more installation video. So I would need your help to get the trucks in. You can purchase our tail light and we install it for you!

Here are the trucks I need, they come in Chrome, Black, RED Clear, Smoke Depending.

Ford Explorer 02-05 Altezza LED Tail Lights
Click the image to open in full size.

Ford F150 Styleside 97-03 / F250/350/450/550 Super Duty 99-07 Version 2 LED Tail Lights

Ford F150 Flaresdie 97-03 LED Tail Lights

Ford F250/350/450/550 Super Duty 08-09 Version 2 LED Tail Lights
Old 03-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Is it a requirement to appreciate the aesthetics of these products for the installation offer to be valid?

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Is it a requirement to appreciate the aesthetics of these products for the installation offer to be valid?

Pop
I'm afraid I fall short of meeting that requirement as well.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 03-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Postmaster

orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
LOL how about just the LED bulbs?
Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by orng1 View Post
What's the point? I spent yesterday modifying some LED assemblies I had on hand to fit my new travel trailer. They use far less power, which is important when camping off the grid. On my truck? Not so much.

BTW, this guy is not offering any deal on the tail lights. Just free assembly once you buy them. What is that, like 5 minutes to install a complete tail light assembly? BFD!

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 03-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
BTW, this guy is not offering any deal on the tail lights. Just free assembly once you buy them. What is that, like 5 minutes to install a complete tail light assembly? BFD!
That was the most amusing part of his original post. I thought to myself, "Wow! Whatta' fabulous deal!"

OK, OK, no I didn't..........

Pop
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 PM
goat hugger

Danilo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

if i buy them then i will have to buy some ridiculously large rims to put on my truck.

will the rear rims of an old ford farm tractor fit my truck?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Posting Guru

wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orng1 View Post
Then you need to install resistors for the turn signals to work, which defeats the purpose of the lower power consumption.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Too old to be too smart

... or replace the flasher module with an electronic one.

Their rate is independent of current draw.

Pop
Old 03-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Postmaster

orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.orng1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I like how the LEDs light up.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Posting Guru

On the newer trucks, at least the f150, there is no flasher the flash rate is controlled by the smart fuse box through a bunch of fet's, nothing to replace, I found out the going to LED's can cause other issues to pop up some have reported loss of cruise control when the tail lamps were changed because of the lower current draw. I guess it checks everything and since the cruise requires the brakes to disengage the lower resistance make it think the system is malfunctioning. I may look for the post where I read it.
Now I can't find the post, it was sometime last year in another fte forum.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Too old to be too smart

Smart fuse box?

What the heck is a smart fuse box, and why do we need them to be so smart?

I can't imagine what it must cost at the stealer's when you can't flash your turn signals any more!

Our trucks must have to be getting smarter to make up for the average operator getting dumber!

Pop
Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder Auto View Post
You can purchase our tail light and we install it for you!
If you're really interested in getting someone to participate in this "offer" you might want to provide a little more information, such as the cost of the light assemblies and the location of your shop.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09

Last edited by SteveBricks; 03-16-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Too old to be too smart

"Offer", indeed!

Their website indicates they're out in Walnut, Industry, Rowland Heights, or somewhere like that. Not worth my drive to R&R four screws and twist four bulbs! Wouldn't do it for "half-price", but they're not "offering" that, anyway.

Not a hint of pricing anywhere.

Everything in their catalog screams "RICE".

I HATE it when people take us for fools, and I've let it form my opinion about the company and therefore its products.

Sheesh!

Pop
Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
Smart fuse box?

What the heck is a smart fuse box, and why do we need them to be so smart?

I can't imagine what it must cost at the stealer's when you can't flash your turn signals any more!

Our trucks must have to be getting smarter to make up for the average operator getting dumber!

Pop
It's actually called a Smart Junction Box. here is some info

The architecture utilizes Lear's capabilities for Smart Junction boxes, connection systems, thermal management, software algorithms and electrical distribution systems and integrates ST's Advanced Power Management solid-state drivers as the core to create the S3JB. Smart Junction Box technology is the main hub in a vehicle's electrical system, controlling and providing power to various electrical features such as power windows, power door locks, lighting (interior and exterior), instrumentation and the audio system. Current Smart Junction Box technology combines fuses, relays, a microcontroller and multiple layers of interconnection into a single integrated assembly.

I have almost no wires under my dash everything is computer ribbon cable. As A plus I can work under the dash since it is so open. If you add something like fog lights using OEM lights and harness then the dealer will have to activate that feature in the SJB for the lights to work. If I wanted to add the OEM trailer brake controller I would have to get the dealer to activate the circuit.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
box, f150, ford, fuse, riverside, smart, trucks