Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Junior User

gfmk is starting off with a positive reputation.
tft sensor changed

Finally got around to changing the sensor and everything is back to normal.Thanks for all the info it made the job sooooooo easy.All the info and pics are priceless.............
Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 PM
New User

David Leone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Magnet

Did you happen to clean off the magnet about the drain plug? Just wondering how much "fuzz" there was. I just finished the job (THANK YOU SO MUCH btw) and was not sure if my accumulation was excessive for 200k or not. Thanks again
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Posting Guru

Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Mine was fuzzy, not sure how to say how much. But it took alot of wiping to get it clean.

SOLD-2004 F350 XLT Crew Cab SB 4x4 6.0 Diesel
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Senior User

99Exp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you guys know if it is the same on an 03 Expedition?
Thanks,
Kathy

Rest In Peace
1999 Expedition XLT 5.4L 4x4
Old 08-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Snowboard season cometh..

papadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to beholdpapadelogan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Exp View Post
Do you guys know if it is the same on an 03 Expedition?
Thanks,
Kathy
Possibly.... and unfortunately that's the best I can give you. I don't know if your Expedition uses the 4R100 or a different transmission. If it's a 4R100 then it is VERY likely the same part. If not... it still could be. Best way to know is to get the part# from your local Ford dealership.

I found this thread because I've had some tranny issues and now the P0713 is the last code I need to sort out. I really don't want to drop the pan, drain, make mess, blah blah but if this turns out to be my fix, then I'll do it gladly. I won't smile though; tranny fluid tastes terrible.

Any chance you still have the Part#?
Old 01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
New User

saharts is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealo4 View Post
Heres my attempt to give back to FTE. Didn't see anything in the tech folder about this. There were some quick posts about it but nothing with shiny pictures.

1. Purchase a new TFT sensor($14.49) and 8-10 Quarts of Mercron LV or SP ($4.49 per quart) at your local Ford Dealership.
2. Drain your old transmisson fluid.
3. Remove your Tranny pan by loosening 20x10MM that are around the edges.
4. Lower the pan and be careful with the gasket it is re-useable.
5. On the passengers side of the valve body in the front you should see the TFT sensor between 2 Solinoids. (See Photo)
6. Disconnect the 2 wire harness and with a pair of needle nose pliers rotate the TFT sensor clockwise with pulling down slightly. FYI Get out of the way or your going to drink some fluid.
7. Install the new sensor by inserting it in the same hole and rotateing counter clockwise. Reconnect 2 wire harness make sure its on the right side where the harness lock is.
8. Clean up the Tranny pan and re-install bolts. Torque bolts to 11Ft lbs.
9. Fill tranny up with Mercron LV or SP. Took me 9 Quarts which is what came out.
10. Check for leaks around the pan and enjoy not having your Trans guage spike.

Sensor location
Click the image to open in full size.
Old Sensor
I completed this project today, thanks for the step by step instructions. I did notice though that it is counter clockwise to remove and clockwise to install- at least in my 04 Torqueshift it is. The sensor would not come out when I rotated if clockwise. I thought the sensor might break off I was pulling so hard then I tried turning counter clockwise and it easily came out and less that a quarter turn. Thought the correction might help somebody.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:13 PM
New User

saharts is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Heres my attempt to give back to FTE. Didn't see anything in the tech folder about this. There were some quick posts about it but nothing with shiny pictures.

1. Purchase a new TFT sensor($14.49) and 8-10 Quarts of Mercron LV or SP ($4.49 per quart) at your local Ford Dealership.
2. Drain your old transmisson fluid.
3. Remove your Tranny pan by loosening 20x10MM that are around the edges.
4. Lower the pan and be careful with the gasket it is re-useable.
5. On the passengers side of the valve body in the front you should see the TFT sensor between 2 Solinoids. (See Photo)
6. Disconnect the 2 wire harness and with a pair of needle nose pliers rotate the TFT sensor clockwise with pulling down slightly. FYI Get out of the way or your going to drink some fluid.
7. Install the new sensor by inserting it in the same hole and rotateing counter clockwise. Reconnect 2 wire harness make sure its on the right side where the harness lock is.
8. Clean up the Tranny pan and re-install bolts. Torque bolts to 11Ft lbs.
9. Fill tranny up with Mercron LV or SP. Took me 9 Quarts which is what came out.
10. Check for leaks around the pan and enjoy not having your Trans guage spike.

Sensor location
Old Sensor
I completed this project today, thanks for the step by step instructions. I did notice though that it is counter clockwise to remove and clockwise to install- at least in my 04 Torqueshift it is. The sensor would not come out when I rotated if clockwise. I thought the sensor might break off I was pulling so hard then I tried turning counter clockwise and it easily came out and less that a quarter turn. Thought the correction might help somebody.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Wiser by FTE

Curt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to beholdCurt's05 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
It was my pleasure to help in whatever way I can.

While I agree the techs that come here to help us all out are awesome. I am not a fan of dealerships either. I would prefer to pay the techs directly if possible. Also the parts department is what gets to me. But I respect the techs here enough to keep my posts free of. Cheezit has been spot on every time.
The tec's are awesome for taking the time to post for us I have had a few of them work on my truck on the weekend, we all need/want extra $$$
05 eb 6.0 psd, edge insight, coolant filter, 4" ss exhaust, egr delete, studs, sct & matt's custom tunes, atlas 40 ficm tune, road master as, v code front springs, rs9000's, 2.2 k inverter, frozen rotors/hawk pads, alpine amp/ 2 10" sub, 27 watt! led back-ups, led interior lights, rear view camera mirror, power-max turbo, harley headlights, hood liner,jimmi jammers, eds ficm atlas 40, F650 lower dash, blue spring, true-trac, 250 amp alt, high idle mod, 18" king ranch rims, 2008 oem super duty PPPower mirrors...
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM