Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2011, 03:13 PM
New User

Alex-H is starting off with a positive reputation.
F-350 won't start

I just bought this F-350 and drove it about 30 minutes back home and then it wouldn't start. All the electronics work, radio, lights, I can even move the plow up and down but when I try to start it theirs just a single click noise then nothing. I'm thinking starter but not sure. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Posting Guru

Byram has a good reputation on FTE.Byram has a good reputation on FTE.
You might check the solenoid & wires & starter.. I generally clean /tighten cables first or "jump" the solenoid to try to start...

Do you have a meter for the battery? -

Sorry that I can't be more helpful..

And give a description of the truck/motor/trans etc. - it would help ...

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
New User

I've checked the battery and all cables for it evan hooked it to a jumper pack thing before we towed it. I haven't checked the solenoid and not sure how I would go about "jumping" it. It has the meter gauge in the dash for the battery if thats what you mean I also have a regular electrical meter? Any help you can give is appreciated, we're lookin at more snow wednesday night and I can't earn any money when the plow truck won't start haha.

Also, its a 2000 F-350 4x4 V10 with the automatic trans.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
Sounds alot like a bad starter to me, or your transmission range selector being off, have you tried in "N" not sure on a V10 but my 2000 7.3 has the starter relay on the passenger fender which coulb be jumped "Big post to Big Post" to make sure it wasn't the relay.

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...297,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Posting Guru

Like BigAl said - jump the solenoid /starter relay on the fender from where the positive bat cable goes on to the other side where the big cable goes off to the starter.

Sounds like it's not the battery if you used a jumper pack...

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
Old 03-09-2011, 07:26 AM
New User

Alright thanks guys I will try this once I get home from the gym today, when I jump it will it attempt to start on its own or do I need someone to turn the key while I jump it?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Posting Guru

Turn key to "run" position & use something to "jump" the solenoid... It should either crank or "click" like it has been doing...

Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
New User

Well I found the problem and feel slightly retarded, the shifter wasn't ALL the way up into park. Thanks for all the help though.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Posting Guru

Cool - At least you didn't have to spend a bunch of $$$$$$$$..

Remember: **** like that happens!

Last edited by Krewat; 03-10-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: please don't mask profanity
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
New User

Haha yes very true on both points.

Maybe you guys can help me with another problem, I don't know if I sure make a new thread or not so i'll just ask anyways.

The drivers window won't open, when I push the button it kinda budges a little bit but thats it. The passenger window will only go down slighty and then has difficulty going back up. Any thoughts on this?
Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Posting Guru

Sorry not an expert on windows - YOu might search the forum & If nothing else can be found start a thread with a title about he window... Should be someone can help..

Good Luck!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2000, 2005, 350wont, didel, duty, f350, ford, heavy, main, reason, selenoid, start, starter, truck