Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 AM
New User

D.L.Porter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would like to see both an aerodynamic and futuristic exterior body styling to the next generation F-150/F-100 pickup trucks to include a newly styled flareside cargo bed. To achieve superior fuel economy in the next generation F-150/F-100, the weight of the truck must be reduced with the addition of advanced aerodynamic exterior body styling. Make the wind assist the truck while it is in flight. Exterior body style the truck in such a way whereby the wind deflects over the truck, deflects around the sides of the truck, and the wind assist the stability of the truck while in flight.
Even thou Ford Motor Company is considering using lighter weight metals in the manufacturing of the next generation of Ford trucks, I would like for Ford trucks to remain tough, durable, rugged, and can withstand the impact of semi-trailer trucks with heavy loads. My 2000 year Ford F-150 was rear-ended by a semi truck with a heavy load and the only thing that needed to be replaced after the accident was the rear bumper and I am still here to submit this opinion. Something can be said about the rigidity of the Ford truck frame. I would like for the next generation of F-150/F-100 pickup trucks to come with the cross traffic sensor and blind spot indicator which are offered on the New Ford Explorer along with a newly designed futuristic looking front grille area with specially placed headlamps that are hidden until the headlamps are activated. Finally, I want there to be a choice the potential Ford truck buyer can have between buying a Ford truck build for work or a Ford truck that has aerodynamic/futuristic exterior styling, gets better gas mileage than the work truck, rides and handles like a car, and fun to drive.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Posting Guru

640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.640 CI Aluminum FORD has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L.Porter View Post
I would like to see both an aerodynamic and futuristic exterior body styling to the next generation F-150/F-100 pickup trucks to include a newly styled flareside cargo bed. To achieve superior fuel economy in the next generation F-150/F-100, the weight of the truck must be reduced with the addition of advanced aerodynamic exterior body styling. Make the wind assist the truck while it is in flight. Exterior body style the truck in such a way whereby the wind deflects over the truck, deflects around the sides of the truck, and the wind assist the stability of the truck while in flight.
Even thou Ford Motor Company is considering using lighter weight metals in the manufacturing of the next generation of Ford trucks, I would like for Ford trucks to remain tough, durable, rugged, and can withstand the impact of semi-trailer trucks with heavy loads. My 2000 year Ford F-150 was rear-ended by a semi truck with a heavy load and the only thing that needed to be replaced after the accident was the rear bumper and I am still here to submit this opinion. Something can be said about the rigidity of the Ford truck frame. I would like for the next generation of F-150/F-100 pickup trucks to come with the cross traffic sensor and blind spot indicator which are offered on the New Ford Explorer along with a newly designed futuristic looking front grille area with specially placed headlamps that are hidden until the headlamps are activated. Finally, I want there to be a choice the potential Ford truck buyer can have between buying a Ford truck build for work or a Ford truck that has aerodynamic/futuristic exterior styling, gets better gas mileage than the work truck, rides and handles like a car, and fun to drive.
I think it would be intrersting to have two variations of truck...I think perhaps if Ford were to go this route though they would most likely make the F-100 their aerodynamic casual truck model and the F-150 their medium duty model. I don't think it would be cost effective for them to have two seperate assembly lines for the same model of vehicle.

I've often wondered about this...With the impending fuel econmy standerds on the horizon, Ford could revive the F-100 as a smaller more efficent lighter duty version of the F-150 and then increase the F-150's GVWR a little bit and market it as a medium duty model, in order to somewhat avoid the new C.A.F.E standerds. Who know's what Fords stratgy is at this point, only time will tell.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I'm a little surprised that Ford has yet to merge the F-150 and Superduty body styles. It may hurt sales, IDK.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would like to see more color options for the interior, like light gray leather for the Lariat. I would also like to see lighter colored carpets like previous generations had. I've never been a fan of real dark interior colors. I wish they would put the homelink system in the XLT, so you didn't have to use the bulky garage door opener. Other than those things, I really wouldn't change much else. Although I've had problems with my last two trucks, I still believe in the Ford product and think the F150 is the best looking truck on the road.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:27 PM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
i forgot about this thread ....

i got one ... can we make the ignition a little harder to find, and the dinger a little more annoying on the next variation? "shut the door" "shut the door" "shut the door"

not sure why, but i have a HELUVA time finding the darn ignition in my 2010 ... i have to crane around and look for it every time!
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Elder User

tcesni is starting off with a positive reputation.
1000 lbs less weight.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Junior User

96 Ford Flareside is starting off with a positive reputation.
Red interior
Make the F-150 and F-250,350 look the same like the 96/97HD and older trucks
Offer a ranger/F-100 size truck
Redesign the front end of both the F-150 and F-250,350
Make the sides of the bed shorter
Less electronics in general, these are trucks not sports cars
Real bumpers that stick out in front of your truck and don't dent so easily
Flareside box
Retro look like the 92-96/97HD (I think that generation is the best looking truck Ford made) I doubt that this will ever happen though.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:25 AM
Junior User

I forgot a few things:
Bring back the dual tank option
Do something like the RamBox (storage over the rear wheel wells in the box)
Be able to get every engine option with all trim levels

I think thats it.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 AM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ford Flareside View Post
Retro look like the 73-79 dentsides (I think that generation is the best looking truck Ford made) I doubt that this will ever happen though.
i fixed your post for you ...

i'm biased ... i'll admit it

I love the idea of a retro look on a truck though ... i love the new mustangs, put those design guys on the trucks and you have a winner!
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
New User

D.L.Porter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 640 CI Aluminum FORD View Post
I think it would be intrersting to have two variations of truck...I think perhaps if Ford were to go this route though they would most likely make the F-100 their aerodynamic casual truck model and the F-150 their medium duty model. I don't think it would be cost effective for them to have two seperate assembly lines for the same model of vehicle.

I've often wondered about this...With the impending fuel econmy standerds on the horizon, Ford could revive the F-100 as a smaller more efficent lighter duty version of the F-150 and then increase the F-150's GVWR a little bit and market it as a medium duty model, in order to somewhat avoid the new C.A.F.E standerds. Who know's what Fords stratgy is at this point, only time will tell.
You are saying the same thing I am saying. One assembly line but two differently exterior styled trucks as finished products. The F-100 can have the same components as the F-150 except the front hood, front grille, and headlamps will be different on the
F-100 and the F-100 will come with a newly designed flareside cargo bed with futuristic designed tail lights specially placed on the rear of the flareside cargo bed. Watch truck sales increase. Also, the F-100 would basically be built for good looking exterior styling, better fuel economy than the F-150, light duty, (Maximum towing 6500lbs., Maximum hauling in the cargo bed 3500lbs.) responds and ride like a car, and fun to drive.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
i fixed your post for you ...

i'm biased ... i'll admit it

I love the idea of a retro look on a truck though ... i love the new mustangs, put those design guys on the trucks and you have a winner!
Those years would be my second choice I do like the 77 and 79 model years but I'm biased to the 92-96/97HDs
Old 05-08-2012, 03:42 PM