Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Found a truck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Found a truck!

I found pretty much the exact truck I was looking for, 83 F250, 6.9 IDI 4 speed 4X4. The truck has 96K miles and is totally stock. Only needs a return line kit, water pump and tires.
Oh yeah, a few pics....

Attached Images    
Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice truck jeff. Is the green part of a custom paint job.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:40 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by bill henry
Is the green part of a custom paint job.
Natural camo

Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That truck would be fully awesome with say....... a 79 Bronco body on it and some 35" mudders.

Looks like a great find. Mind if I ask what you give for it?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cookie88
Mind if I ask what you give for it?
Not at all, I gave $1K for it. There's another locally for sale that they are asking $850 OBO, needs glowplugs.
The one I bought had been sitting for a number of years, but fired right up and runs well. I'll fix the few problems, maybe lift it a few inches and put a set of Qs on it. The perfect hauler for my place at Moro Bay

Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Shoulda hauled my donor truck away when I offered it. My fenders and doors were straight...and green.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
My fenders and doors were straight
This will be a woods only truck, if the doors and fenders stay straight......well, time will tell

Old 03-11-2011, 12:02 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I found pretty much the exact truck I was looking for, 83 F250, 6.9 IDI 4 speed 4X4.
I was wondering if you ever found the truck you were looking for. When I swung by the barber shop Tuesday there was F250 that looked allot like this one sitting next door to the shop. I thought about walking over to see how much they wanted for it...and if it would fire up. Guess since you found this one...no need to ask then. Tough every time I see a truck of that vintage I remember the F250 my grandfather bought to build the garage addition to their retirement home. The truck was baby blue...beyond that I don't remember the details because I haven't seen the truck in 10 years or so. I'm pretty sure I saw it (only baby blue F250 in Heber Springs) when I was in town for my grandmother's funeral...in '99. Oh, Grandpa was only retired 8-10 months before he decided to go back to work.
This will be a woods only truck, if the doors and fenders stay straight......well, time will tell
My mother used to work with a guy that bought a then new Bronco ('96?) that he took out in the deer woods within weeks of buying it. Needless to say one of the mirrors meet a tree at beer...err deer camp; and a couple of dings appeared along the body. He didn't seem to worried about any of it, and except the mirror the flaws were still on the rig the last time I saw it. Guess I'm too much of a tight wad...I couldn't do that to one of my current Fords. Though all of them are 2WD.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Zack, I could never buy a newer vehicle to do what this one is intended for, hell I won't even buy a new one to drive daily But if it gets a ding from sliding into a tree, oh well In years past when money was much harder to come by, I had 4X4s that were used for mud riding, but were also kept in road worthy condition also. Sometimes they had to be used when the daily driver gave up

Old 03-12-2011, 07:58 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
In years past when money was much harder to come by...
I'm not sure if your saying someday money will show up in my wallet allot easier...or if things have really gone down the drain that far. Maybe someday I'll learn that you don't have to have all the toys your heart desires to have a good time.

Maybe....

Old 03-12-2011, 10:14 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
...or if things have really gone down the drain that far.
I am self employed. Right now most people are hurting seriously with the economy and rising fuel prices. For the most part my niche of the market hasn't seen hard times, if anything my business is better than ever. Folks aren't buying new equipment and trucks, so I have more to do than I want keeping older, high hour equipment running. I just wish I still had the energy and want to for hard work. Since my wife passed I have to force myself to just get up and go, it really doesn't help that everything is paid for and I don't have to work much to make ends meet. As long as the bills get paid and I have money for my toys, Jeff's happy

Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
...it really doesn't help that everything is paid for and I don't have to work much to make ends meet. As long as the bills get paid and I have money for my toys, Jeff's happy
That's part of what gets me up in the wee hours of the morning...providing for the family. That and I love what I do...I love being out in the great outdoors, on the trains and away from someone looking over my shoulder. Or at least they leave us alone most of the time.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:28 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
...providing for the family.
See, that's another difference in myself and most other folks, I don't have children to support either. Was always afraid of the "Mother's Curse" coming true, you know the one "Hope you have 2 or 3 that act just like you" If that were to come true, I'm afraid the state would probably be supporting me and I'd have a view from behind bars

Old 03-13-2011, 10:36 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Getting back to the subject of the truck, anybody got a set of 16X8'' or 16X10'', 8 hole wheels laying around? Used to be popular around here, now looks like they are as rare as hen's teeth. I have a set of 16" Qs on my old Bronco that aren't good for anything but offroad, so I plan to put a 4'' lift on the truck and maybe do a little fender trimming to fit em.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Will P.
Senior User
I have an 81 F250 that I am parting out that has 16's on it but I'm not sure how wide they are. They are the original stock wheels. I also have a 75 F350 chassis that has wide wheels on it (single real wheel F350 not dually). I think they are rusty chrome wagon spoke type wheels. I'll have to check next time I'm over at Mom's. If you are interested maybe we can make a trade.

Quick Reply: Found a truck!