Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

May Chat/All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May Chat/All Topic Thread

Well we made it to Kuwait. Be headed north soon.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Hey it's May.. who knew?

We're drownin here under all this rain.. over 6" recorded in LR last night and more to come Mon and Tues. 67 / 167 between Ward and Jacksonville is closed.. looks like the wife isn't going to work tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Trade ya some of this cold wind for some rain Really, TX is under a burn ban and it's 46* here and the wind is howling about 30 MPH off of the lake, can't even have a campfire

Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Commenting on something from last month's thread...

I'm pretty sure that blue Ranchero is either a '77 or '78. Either way, the kids would call it an El Camino

Regular unleaded: $3.95
Mid-Grade: $4.05
Premium: $4.15
Diesel: $4.05...it's almost cheaper to drive the Pavement Princess than the Exploder. You know there is something very wrong with you when you try to put a positive spin on getting screwed at the pump.
Originally Posted by jimkidd
Well we made it to Kuwait. Be headed north soon.
Some of the places folks pick for a vacation.
Originally Posted by tojoski
We're drownin here under all this rain.. over 6" recorded in LR last night and more to come Mon and Tues. 67 / 167 between Ward and Jacksonville is closed.
I was talking to one of our dispatchers yesterday and asked him if the mainline was back up & running. He said not yet, and may still be awhile. A bridge is still under 2 feet of water in Diaz. I know about where Diaz is, but no clue as to what the bridge is crossing (White River?). I know the power plant at Independence/Newark hasn't gotten a load of coal in a week since the trains have to cross that bridge. They should have another 3-4 weeks of coal on hand before they get into trouble. But when the water finally goes down....Katy bar the door.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Trade ya some of this cold wind for some rain Really, TX is under a burn ban....
Wait a minute, I offered you a load of snow last month and you turned it down. All snow is frozen rain...much easier to transport.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Will P.
Senior User
A pic of Remmel Dam someone submitted to KATV.
KATV viewer pic of water release at Remmel dam #ARWX on Twitpic

I think they said we were flowing 57000 CFS today.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
I paid $3.71 the other day to fill up my truck & wife's car. Bumped up to $3.81 that night.

If anyone wants more pictures or prices of vehicles from the junkyard I posted last month, speak up cause we are going back out there this week unless with get more rain.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
Will P.
Senior User
Check out any SWB 67-72 you see or any decent bumpside you see. I am really looking for a SWB that is in good or at least decent shape. The most important part is the bed because I have good panels for the rest. Get some quotes on whole trucks and just the beds also. Thanks!

Old 05-04-2011, 10:48 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
60F plus degrees & sunshine...time to take the scooter for a ride. Just got to finish some of the chores first

Old 05-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Trying to talk my wife into going for a ride today.
Finally back on the 'net after an apparent lightning strike over the weekend took out my modem and router. Damn thing apparently took out my garage door opener too. All in all, total is still under my deductible on my homeowners, so I get to pay it all.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:17 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Ive had a pretty damn good week so far. Only had to work 2 nights (pocket book didnt like that but I did), found out I got a new job & they forgot to call me about it, Didnt really have time to get out to that one junkyard but when I went to a friends house to ask about a '75 Supercab, found out he has a set of turbine rims like Im after for $10 ea, gonna go play a little paintball tomorrow.. Ya good week so far.

Now just to sell my '90 F150 & '78 Bronco so I can afford other projects.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Got to Iraq a few days ago... It's still a freakin' dessert.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:04 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Happy Mother's Day, though I'm fairly certain there aren't any mothers/ladies directly in this chapter (yes, several of us are married). I'd rather be at home with my wife to make her day...but it's part of the price I pay to play with trains for a living. Hopefully this will be the last one I spend out of town like this...three in a row gets old quickly.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Finally back on the 'net after an apparent lightning strike over the weekend took out my modem and router. Damn thing apparently took out my garage door opener too. All in all, total is still under my deductible on my homeowners, so I get to pay it all.
Dang that stinks...but I know exactly how you feel. By time you meet the deductible you've pretty much replaced everything. Same goes for the contents of my truck. Oh well.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Ive had a pretty damn good week so far. Only had to work 2 nights (pocket book didnt like that but I did)
I know that exact feeling. Since the White River isn't expected to crest until sometime later this week, our trackage is still underwater near Diaz. Which means no coal trains to the power plant. Two weeks ago, had it not been for our agreement that protects 40 hours of pay as long as your "marked up"...it would have been an ugly week (27.25 hours). This last week was 44.5 hours; not exactly what I wanted but I'll take it. Hopefully the rain is done for a while and the rivers will go down. In another forum a friend of mine posted this about Vicksburg, MS...

Flood stage at Vicksburg is 43'. The river stage at noon today (5/6/11) was 49.0'. The river is currently forecasted to crest at Vicksburg on May 20 at 57.5'. The all-time record stage at Vicksburg is 56.2' on May 4, 1927

That's allot of water boys & squirrels.
Originally Posted by jimkidd
Got to Iraq a few days ago... It's still a freakin' dessert.
But think about all the money your saving on an Uncle Sam sponsored vacation!

And this posting marks my 1500 post.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
And this posting marks my 1500 post.
Gratz!

and 10 characters...

Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Will P.
Check out any SWB 67-72 you see or any decent bumpside you see. I am really looking for a SWB that is in good or at least decent shape. The most important part is the bed because I have good panels for the rest. Get some quotes on whole trucks and just the beds also. Thanks!
I saw what you're looking for this weekend at a body shop on hwy 66 between Timbo and Oxley. I couldn't stop and check it out but the back of the bed and the passenger side that I could see from the highway looked good. Looks like the truck took a hit in the front end. I'll see if I can get a phone number for you.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:50 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Sitting out on the front porch having a smoke before I went to bed & a fella rolls up asking about my Bronco. More or less I get what I want off it (or yall if there is any thing yall want) plus $300. I think that made my day even better than stirring up a wasps nest at work this morning.

Quick Reply: May Chat/All Topic Thread