6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Reduced Engine Power - warning

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM
Truckland
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheezit
sorry it didnt happen. It used to happen alot more years back. now not so much...
I am far from giving up. Old fashioned snail mail will sometimes grab attention if I can get a letter or two in the right hands. Otherwise, I have decent skills in building webpages. I already own a couple of domain names for a side business. It's very cheap to add another. I'll activate the polling software and my experience and opinion will be near the top of some popular search engines in just a few days. The Warranty bill I saw today gives me PLENTY of reasons to get that ESP ASAP.

The HPFP alone was less than a taco shy of $1,000. Then there are o-rings, snap rings, gaskets, fuel lines, tracer dye, etc. for $300+. Add another $600+ in labor and the total cost is just shy of $2000 for a fuel pump.

No, it doesn't come out of my pocket, but yeah, I am frustrated. My vacation was screwed up. I lost gallons of fuel. I was without a truck for several days and not even offered a ride home, and laughed at when asking for a loaner vehicle. The truck that has ONLY been hand washed since it left the lot is covered in greasy hand prints. The leather seats have shiny grease spots on them and the interior smells....well, terrible. I know it's not all Ford's fault, but there were multiple failures in the whole QA/QC system from Bosch to Silsbee Ford.

Other than that, I drove it like I stole it on the way home. It runs awesome and the bed is already loaded with firewood. I'll be heading for the lake in the morning. I still don't want a Dudge or a Gov't Motors PU, but I do want an ESP. The truck, with that 6.7L is still the best thing out there. That much torque has a way of making a guy smile. Yep.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:15 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
man I sorry the dealer didnt even over alittle help. with luck you will get a servey. everyones pay is tied to it somehow at the dear (except the tech in most cases). Not how I leave a truck for a customer.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Truckland
New User
man I sorry the dealer didnt even over alittle help. with luck you will get a servey. everyones pay is tied to it somehow at the dear (except the tech in most cases). Not how I leave a truck for a customer.
Cheezit - It was VERY frustrating to see my truck left in that condition, but in no way did I mean to imply it was typical or a reflection of anyone in the forums here. (Unless of course somebody on here worked on my truck.) I just made a bad choice in choosing a dealership. My "service advisor" couldn't quit smoking her cig long enough to have a discussion with me. I should have found the service manager, but I just wanted away from there before I lost my patience.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

sadly one of the things lacking in the sevice dept is quality service. seems we have all gone the way of the box stores hearding cattle.
its sad.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moe and I have discussed the dealer service shortfalls at length. Good techs like him are hard to find. I am very fortunate that the dealer that does my service work has 3 talented diesel techs and a customer is king attitude. I get a loaner for any service I have done, even oil changes. They wash the truck and vacuum the interior before I get it back.

Best of all, they have never told me I should have bought a 7.3...BTDT with a 6.0 at a different dealer...and all I wanted was some parts

Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Truckland
New User
I lived just outside of Houston for the last three years. The Toyo dealership there was top notch. They treated my truck as if it was their own. They protected surfaces and were always professional, helpful and friendly. That was far from the case this time. Live and learn.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Im a few hours North.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Truckland
New User
I have family in Plano and it sounds like you're the go-to-guy for anything serious. But, I must say that I'd rather stop by to say hello rather than have a need for your professional help.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:43 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

if your in the area feel free. like I said I /we still dont know much about the 6.7 but your welcome to stop by my stall.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sadly one of the things lacking in the sevice dept is quality service. seems we have all gone the way of the box stores hearding cattle.
its sad.

I have a great service adviser, but she went and had a baby and is on mat leave now, I'm waiting for her to come back so I can get some work that I need done, she is that good that I will wait however long she is gone to get it done and live with the **** poor cold performance

Old 03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
It has been posted that the DEF solution will be ready for implementation by the end of March. Will that be before your service adviser returns?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure on her timeline, I still have the 6.0, my dad has the 6.7 and as soon as that fix is out I'm sure his truck will be in regardless if she is back or not.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Shepardsonp
Tuned
I filled my 6.0 up with a full tank of Premium Unleaded from the "Green Hose" at an Amoco Station in Blue Earth MN a few years ago. I made it to the next exit and then spent 3 days waiting for Jethro, Bubba and Barney to get it taken care of. I love camping but not that way. Keep us posted on the results

Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
...problem was no Goober

Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Truckland
New User
OK, in being the persistent pain in the posterior, I called the 800 number again. Same case number, but it seemed I was making a little more progress in getting the ESP this time. Then the guy came back on the phone and said that the case would be forwarded to the dealership for further action. Is that normal? I asked more than once why the dealership would have anything to do with offering the ESP, the guy talked in circles, mumbling something about an established relationship between me and the dealership, blah, blah, blah... Just doesn’t seem to make sense.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reduced Engine Power - warning