Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ebpv sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 09:46 PM
dothedew192
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ebpv sensor?

Does anybody know if I can get just the ebpv sensor ordered and where? I checked clays site and didn't find what I was looking for. Tonight when I cleaned out the tube and under the sensor (which was packed solid with soot) I must of bumped the sensor too hard or what not and knocked the plastic piece loose, or maybe when I cleaned the inside of it out I screwed up the diaphram, I'm not sure. I plugged it in, hooked the nice and clean tube back up, climbed in and it wouldn't start, it would do nothing but crank. I climbed out, unplugged the senser and it fired right up. No pat on the back tonight for my valiant efforts...although even with it unlugged my lie o meter has steadily gone up in mpgs, must be the clogged tube was really hindering me.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:48 PM
clintbonnie
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Try www.partsguyed.com ..one of our sponsors.. (click on "My Account" and then Contact Us..) and tell him what you need.. Best Prices on OEM ford parts..

Old 03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
epb sensor, which is located in front/left side of hpop or the epbv sensor, located at bottom of turbo?

Old 03-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here ya go 5th one down will get you what you need.
Replacement O-rings for Ford Diesel Engines

Old 03-07-2011, 03:34 AM
dothedew192
Tuned
Thank you very much boys. Got one ordered right now. Good deal. Stupid mistake, but stuff happens I guess.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:43 AM
dothedew192
Tuned
By unplugging that sensor does it just cancel the ebpv all together? Or does it have a default number it runs?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 AM
brownie83
Posting Guru
you are not unplugging the EBPV...that is located under the turbo. it controlls the valve in the turbo housing. you unplugged the EBPS...which is the sensor on the front of the motor. i thought the sensor controlled the valve, but from what i have forund out it does so much more. i spoke to the tuner of my chip and he said it NEEDS to be connected and working. to answer you question, unplugged it defaults to something like 45 psi...it measure exhaust back pressure in PSI and changes fuel and boost values accordingly. when mine wasnt working, i could only boost to 20 psi(normally getting 30). i have read guy unplugging it for years, but i was told its important...good luck

Old 03-07-2011, 10:27 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by brownie83
i have read guy unplugging it for years, but i was told its important...good luck
Mine is. Took "pocket" thread, and ziptied it outta the way, with a npt cap on the end, and a plug in the manifold. The wire loom itself, is still connected to the sensor though.

I dont have an AE yet, but seems to run/drive just as good, and rresponse/boost still there. I went this route, do to, thinking the fittinf was turning at the manifold, and actuality, the plug fitting in the manifold was, causing the tube to bound up.

If removing the tube, to clean, make sure, you use two wrenches.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
brownie83
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Mine is. Took "pocket" thread, and ziptied it outta the way, with a npt cap on the end, and a plug in the manifold. The wire loom itself, is still connected to the sensor though.

I dont have an AE yet, but seems to run/drive just as good, and rresponse/boost still there. I went this route, do to, thinking the fittinf was turning at the manifold, and actuality, the plug fitting in the manifold was, causing the tube to bound up.

i guess it just goes by whether the tuner is using the parameters or not...with mine plugged in and the tube removed(plug at manifold) mine ran like crap...Bill at PHP told me to fix it and the truck would run better...new tube and sensor and truck regained boost and power...i guess its worth a try, and if it doesnt work, put it back

Old 03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by timmyboy76

Do you know how it ran with a known good working EBPS system? These engines with there associated sensors and controls aren't designed to run their best on default values. Just saying. To each his own.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:13 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
Do you know how it ran with a known good working EBPS system? These engines with there associated sensors and controls aren't designed to run their best on default values. Just saying. To each his own.
Ran the same, Payson...went out to clean ur again, and thats when i messed up the tube. So did some dig'n on a few threads, and came about that one, where he "capped" the sensor, and plugged the hole up, where its screwed into the manifold. Still bang'n around 19-21mpg, boost there, egt'z the same..etc

Dont have a chip/tuner also, so if/when, then i'll probably install a new tube.

Supposedly, it reads the current ambient air, so think thats where theres no SEL/soft code//etc....dont know what any of that means though.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...or-delete.html

Old 03-07-2011, 12:04 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's a bit of wisdom from the end of post 5 in that other thread.

Originally Posted by Tenn01PSD350
I don't like to disable it because I like to log that info along with map and compare the two to determine my drive pressure.
When Jody live tuned my truck he used the EBP and MAP numbers to give me the best tunes with the safest cylinder pressures.

You also have to consider that thread is over 2 years old and the knowledge base has definitely increased since then.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:15 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Looks like pocket and tdpower are still active. Maybe one of them will stop by and see if its been a problem, or they're still run'n this set-up. By all means, i'm not say'n to go and do it, i had responded earlier, to a post, mentioning how, that "member" had read about people/members, unplugging theres...

Old 03-07-2011, 12:16 PM
dothedew192
Tuned
I see, well I have a new sensor on the way so I just wanted to make sure nothing was going to be harmed by it not being plugged in, with the sensor damaged like that the glow plug light wouldn't go out and it wouldn't start for nothing so I figured it controlled more then just the ebpv. So till I get it its going to have to be unplugged, I don't know how long the tubes been plugged but it was stuffed with soot from one end to the other, it runs the same, maybe even better to be honest. My mpgs have gone up,without a doubt, and turbo boost is the same as well, actually a little lower around 50 and 60, which is where the mpgs are coming from as well. I've learned on this site boost equals loss in fuel efficiency, I'm running a superchips so maybe its staying within parameters, the sensors being replaced though. This week will or atleast till I get it, will be a test I guess.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
firestroker8706
Senior User
Looks like I'm gonna be running mine without the EBP sensor for a while. When i tried to put the sensor back in, somehow it managed to cross thread itself.

I checked and rechecked it a couple of times as i was putting it in, pulling it back out to be sure it wasn't cross threading. Then suddenly there was a pop and the thing wouldn't go in any further. When i got it back out the threads on the end were WAY smaller than they should have been.

Now I need a new sensor AND a new whatever you call the thing it screws into. On the bright side, other than some discoloration, my tube is fine.

I'm about to go on a long trip, and the wife says we gotta save everything extra for the trip. Perfect timing.......

Quick Reply: ebpv sensor?